ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Loss-Proof Text Editor

<< < (2/3) > >>

40hz:
+1 w/dr_andus.  :Thmbsup:

I've found it easiest to just set a short (<5 minute) autosave interval in whatever I'm using if I'm that worried about losing something between manual saves.

rjbull:
keep every keystroke regardless if the is a power failure or a BSOD-CodeTRUCKER (June 13, 2014, 03:04 AM)
--- End quote ---
Not directly what you asked for, but PowerPro will let you keep every keystroke.  However, on the odd occasion I tried it, it was hard work to disentangle the text keystrokes from the control ones, and I don't know how well PowerPro works on 64 bit.

CodeTRUCKER:
Thank you for the suggestions.  :)

Innuendo:
For instance, there is a plug-in for Notepad++ that allows you to auto-save on a fixed timer.-Jibz (June 13, 2014, 05:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

That plug-in is no longer needed as Notepad++ now has built-in 'snapshot' functionality that will save a file every x number of seconds.

Jibz:
For instance, there is a plug-in for Notepad++ that allows you to auto-save on a fixed timer.-Jibz (June 13, 2014, 05:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

That plug-in is no longer needed as Notepad++ now has built-in 'snapshot' functionality that will save a file every x number of seconds.
-Innuendo (June 14, 2014, 06:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nice, I must admit I haven't used Notepad++ in a couple of years, but that's great :Thmbsup:.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version