ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

GOG announces DRM-Free game client: GOG Galaxy

<< < (2/2)

mwb1100:
... another one?  This is past ridiculous.
-wraith808 (June 09, 2014, 09:12 AM)
--- End quote ---
The nice thing about GOG's client is that if you don't want to mess with it you don't have to.

Unlike most other gaming clients, you'll still be able to play the games you bought on GOG.

-mwb1100 (June 09, 2014, 02:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Are we sure about that?  If that becomes their preferred way of downloading then will you have another choice?
-wraith808 (June 09, 2014, 04:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes. They have clearly stated that the download via your web account will remain.

What will not be moving forward is the current GOG Downloader (which I have never used).  They won't be improving or offering that anymore once Galaxy is released.  If you're currently using the downloader, I'm not sure whether or not it will continue to work.

Deozaan:
It sounds to me as though Galaxy will work a lot like the GOG Downloader but with social things optionally included.

wraith808:
Yes. They have clearly stated that the download via your web account will remain.
-mwb1100 (June 09, 2014, 04:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

They clearly stated a lot of other things... and they were true until they weren't.  :-\

It sounds to me as though Galaxy will work a lot like the GOG Downloader but with social things optionally included.
-Deozaan (June 09, 2014, 06:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

See, that's where it gets sticky.  The downloader was useful and straight to the point.  I could go to my account and download a lot of things without actually having to do anything or be on the computer, and it would resume, and it *just* downloaded the files.

I need nor want anything else, including a portal for launch or anything like that.  And that's what *everyone* is trying to give me.

Deozaan:
Get Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000 for helping beta test GOG Galaxy.

Offer ends Friday, Oct 17.

http://www.gog.com/galaxy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version