ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: sChecklist

<< < (19/26) > >>

BeenAroundTheBlock:
Ath:
I'm not sure if you were commenting on my post or just making a general observation.  Unfortunately, sChecklist doesn't allow the data files to reside anywhere but the \program file\sChecklist subfolder so moving them to another directory is not possible.  That is one of the reasons I have my personal computer set up to run under Administrator mode all the time. 

Note to skwire: being able to designate a different data directory would be a nice option to have - it might also solve the disappearing data problem. I wonder if Parchuvegal and others having that problem are running in Admin mode?

Ath:
I'm not sure if you were commenting on my post or just making a general observation.  Unfortunately, sChecklist doesn't allow the data files to reside anywhere but the \program file\sChecklist subfolder so moving them to another directory is not possible.-BeenAroundTheBlock (July 19, 2015, 06:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
I made a general comment on your use of the C:\Program Files folder for 'installation' of portable software: You shouldn't. Then you don't need to turn off UAC for running generic software as it's supposed to run, and other software as safe as possible.
I was trying to say you should move the entire sChecklist application to a different folder.

That is one of the reasons I have my personal computer set up to run under Administrator mode all the time.-BeenAroundTheBlock (July 19, 2015, 06:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
As said above: You shouldn't. This is 'less secure' (to use an understatement), as any application, viruses for instance, can now change any file in C:\Program Files without a warning, spreading themselves whenever you start a legit application...

ScreenManiac:
I made a general comment on your use of the C:\Program Files folder for 'installation' of portable software: You shouldn't.
-Ath (July 20, 2015, 01:46 AM)
--- End quote ---
I fully agree. Besides, I like skwire's handling of paths for portable programs and I hope that all data and config will continue to be kept inside the app's program folder. This makes it really easy to take checklists along whereever you go, simply by copying the folder. No worries, no UAC, no need to deal with user accounts. The program is lightweight enough to be copied as a whole, should you need different user setups.

DeVamp:
My Lord Skwire,

Something about the resizing (of columns).

When you resize the app or move the splitter, the column entries in the details view gets resized to 100% width.
Witch is nice :)

But when you use the "View" --> "Reset splitter position", that entries column does not resize to 100% width.

Just a minor hickup in an awesome tool. :)

skwire:
But when you use the "View" --> "Reset splitter position", that entries column does not resize to 100% width.-DeVamp (November 26, 2015, 02:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Some explanation might be in order here.  I use all sorts of tricks and third-party libraries to make AutoHotkey do things that aren't native to it.  The splitter in sChecklist is an example of that and, unfortunately, it's not without its quirks.  There are times when the splitter gets a bit out of whack and the only thing that fixes it is to use the 'Reset splitter position' option and restart the app.  So, hopefully, it's not something that would get used frequently.  Do you use it frequently?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version