ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: sChecklist

<< < (15/26) > >>

skwire:
Thanks, Chris.   :)

ScreenManiac:
Drag&Drop across lists - that would be awesome, to quickly re-organize stuff and outsource it to another list.
ATM this only works via Copy&Paste, then going back to the source, hopefully recalling the entire selection, and deleting it.

Also, I struggled a bit with the right mouse menu, took me a while to realize that "entry data" refers to exactly what it says, the data within the entry, not the entry item itself. It was not immediately obvious because using Ctrl+C to copy/paste the selected item elsewhere does work as well, although it seemed iffy (you have to exit and restart to see it actually did work)

As an idea: Moving Ctrl Shift C/V up to Insert Entry, to make it obvious where it belongs and keep it together within the same seperator section.

skwire:
Drag&Drop across lists - that would be awesome, to quickly re-organize stuff and outsource it to another list.
ATM this only works via Copy&Paste, then going back to the source, hopefully recalling the entire selection, and deleting it.-ScreenManiac (February 18, 2015, 07:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm...I'm not sure how you'd go about dragging and dropping since you can only view one checklist at a time.  You should be able to cut entries and then copy them into a new list.  However, I just found a bug where cut entries are restored to the original list when selecting a new list.  I will fix this.

Also, I struggled a bit with the right mouse menu, took me a while to realize that "entry data" refers to exactly what it says, the data within the entry, not the entry item itself. It was not immediately obvious because using Ctrl+C to copy/paste the selected item elsewhere does work as well, although it seemed iffy (you have to exit and restart to see it actually did work)-ScreenManiac (February 18, 2015, 07:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

Based on what you're saying, I think you have this backwards.  The "Cut/Copy/Paste entry data" options manipulate the entire entry (check state included), not the data within the entry.  If you want to copy the textual data within an entry, you have to use the "Copy to clipboard" item in that menu.  Perhaps if I rename as per the following, it will allay some confusion?

Cut entry data -> Cut entries
Copy entry data -> Copy entries
Paste entry data -> Paste entries

Copy to clipboard -> Copy text to clipboard
Paste from clipboard -> Paste text from clipboard

Thoughts?

skwire:
Website | Download
v1.1.4 - 2015-02-18
    * Renamed a few of the Edit menu entries.  (Thanks, ScreenManiac)
    * Attempting to paste entries while the checklist list is focused now pastes
      into that checklist's list.
    ! Cutting from one checklist and switching to another would erroneously
      restore the cut entries to the original checklist.

ScreenManiac:
Many thanks. Much better now.  :Thmbsup:

And yes, you are right, I was on the wrong track to start with.  :-[  Only now do I really grasp it.

I can do without drag&drop. Re-organizing lists has become easy enough thanks to cut&pastes.  :up:
My initial confusion came about because of that bug you corrected. It didn't seem to really cut the entries, they were still there, which made me think I was not using the right context menu. Anyway, all is fine now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version