ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: sChecklist

<< < (16/26) > >>

skwire:
Many thanks. Much better now.  :Thmbsup:
[...]
Anyway, all is fine now.-ScreenManiac (February 19, 2015, 03:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

Right on.  =]  Thanks for reporting back.

Parchuvegal:
skwire, I 1st downloaded this little app a few months (?) ago, but it fell into disuse when I discovered it arbitrarily 'eating' all the entries, under any particular list.  In fact, I was about to remove it altogether, when I discovered your latest, updated release.  So I removed the old, and unpacked this new version (1.1.4), but have once again encountered the same problem.  Namely, on checking the Lists, I found all the items completely gone - never to be found - from one of my lists.  (The 2nd list, of 3.)  Any Idea what could be causing this? 

BTW, I believe I had previously 'cut.' these entries from the 1st List, in order to create the 2nd List, if that means anything at all. 

Warmest regards,
Donnie

skwire:
I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the application.  If you can provide me with a specific set of repeatable steps to reproduce the issue, I should be able to fix it.

ScreenManiac:
I can confirm a similar issue to the one reported by Parchuvegal, although I cannot reproduce it anymore. In my case it happened with the old version one time, and although I cannot recall the exact steps, it also had to do with "outsourcing" items from one list to another, completley new list that I had just created. If I remember correctly, the list was created successfully, but then I tried to re-order my lists by drag&drop, which does not work of course. Anyway, somehow I ended up with 2 identical lists, with all the original items of one list gone forever. A very aggravating experience, but since I was unable to reproduce it, I chalked it up to some kind of user error.

What I wished for that time - and still think it might be helpful - auto-backups, so if anything goes wrong, we can revert to the last version before closing down the program and overwriting all lists.

Parchuvegal:
Meant to get back with you sooner, skwire.  The nearest I can tell, is somewhere between possibly running CCleaner, or rebooting following updates, the stuff can go missing.  Almost as though the data is being kept in a temporary - or unprotected - area of memory. (just a novice's impression.)  Could it possibly use a 'save' button - to re-write the data base / text file, to prevent this from happening?  I dunno.  But it's a damnable glitch in such a handy little app.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version