ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Stuff We Feel Like Bitching About

(1/9) > >>

MilesAhead:
In spite of the alliteration I feel "pet peeve" is kind of trite.  Therefore I opted for the above subject line.  Since this isn't the basement I suggest the amplitude be kept below a rant and above a stupor.

As my first bitch I select guns.  Not should or should not the populous be allowed to carry concealed or revealed, but as in why are there so many around me all the time?

I have no grappling hook to scale the wall but I feel it's only a matter of time before the gun turrets are added to "ordinary" government buildings, business establishments, schools, airports and picnic areas.  Tourists at The Grand Canyon will pay extra to see The Grand Cannon fired at noon taking out a section of canyon wall.  The conductors on trains no longer perform a service to the public.  Instead they dress as prison guards and pack pistols.  I'm afraid to find out what the grammar school Hall Monitor is packing these days.  Got to protect that milk money!

In Miami the Transit Cops don't even have the power to arrest but carry a Glock.  It's insane.  The whole thing makes me think of Reno 911 with live ammo.

Ok.  I'll quit here to stay below the rant threshold.  :)

Feel free to opine at will.  :)

cranioscopical:
Don't forget the quiet guy on the plane with a gun tucked away... I think they call him the pistolero.

And then there's the flying squirrel that leaps on and off of my bedroom window sill all night long. I think it wears hobnail boots. I'd cheerfully use a gun on him, except he belongs to an endangered species.

Renegade:
You start a thread about bitching... That's just an open invitation for me to rant! ;D

Since this isn't the basement I suggest the amplitude be kept below a rant and above a stupor.-MilesAhead (June 06, 2014, 04:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

My rant is actually pretty tame. I don't say what I really think. So... tame. But, perhaps "rant" for candy-ass pansies that hate reality. :P

Rant
As my first bitch I select guns.  Not should or should not the populous be allowed to carry concealed or revealed, but as in why are there so many around me all the time?
-MilesAhead (June 06, 2014, 04:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

More and more government workers are being armed. In a Canadian court the other day there was a jackboot with a fully automatic rifle. In court. Huh? In Canada? Seriously?

Bastard didn't even say he was sorry! :P

I have no grappling hook to scale the wall but I feel it's only a matter of time before the gun turrets are added to "ordinary" government buildings, business establishments, schools, airports and picnic areas.  Tourists at The Grand Canyon will pay extra to see The Grand Cannon fired at noon taking out a section of canyon wall.  The conductors on trains no longer perform a service to the public.  Instead they dress as prison guards and pack pistols.  I'm afraid to find out what the grammar school Hall Monitor is packing these days.  Got to protect that milk money!
-MilesAhead (June 06, 2014, 04:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's actually much, much worse in the US. The police forces are being militarized with armoured vehicles and military weaponry. Regular government workers for agencies like the Department of Agriculture are also being armed.

Hollow point ammunition is illegal to use in war, but that's what they are ordering by the BILLIONS!

For domestic use. i.e. Against civilians.

If you've ever seen what hollow point ammunition does, it's devastating. Tiny hole in front. Massive hole where it exits followed by a trail of guts and blood everywhere.

When people talk about "stopping power" of a round, that doesn't apply to hollow points - they have only 1 thing - killing power.

But things really do get worse.

Think I'm exaggerating? Ask the 18 month old who got a flash bang grenade thrown at him. It exploded in his face and ripped open his face & chest. I would strongly caution about searching for more on that story as many news stories have pictures and they are graphic. It's pretty disturbing to see an infant that horribly disfigured by police.

But, y'know... F**k the kid because he was resisting and posed a threat to the officers...  :-\

Ever see a video where a cop is putting someone quietly into handcuffs and then the cop says, "Stop resisting?" A beating ensues. Usually with about a half dozen cops on top of the handcuffed "criminal". Sometimes the "criminal" dies. For crimes like walking down the street, etc.

Cops break into wrong house. Shoot dog. That's not a unique story -- there are many like that.

I could go on virtually forever about this with countless examples. They happen every single day. Every day. Non stop.

Enjoy your remaining freedoms while they last. You'll have a great time telling your grandchildren about them as they stare at you in disbelief.

So, what do I want to bitch about? The increasing and accelerating loss of freedom. You touched on a symptom of it.

wraith808:
Mine is actually posted in the silly humor thread.

What's the big deal with the world and celebrity apologies?  You know in most cases they're insincere... so what?  Is the rant for an apology just to drag them through the dirt and debase them?

You make a bad joke or have an unfortunate choice of words.  So what... everyone does.  And if you believe that everyone doesn't... well, I have a bridge to sell you.  All we're doing with our 'righteous outrage' is guaranteeing that the MSM will keep reporting on them as much as possible.  Because money.

And in the meantime, you're not changing minds, you're just forcing them to be more surreptitious in their thinking and doing.

In all reality, if you think bad things because of me for any characteristic, or truly think these bad things- I want to know, so I can stay the HELL away from you if I choose.

MilesAhead:
@Renegade the gun that shocked me most was maybe 7 or 8 years ago.  I picked someone up at the airport.  Not only was the arriving passengers area separated from those waiting by a storm fence from floor to ceiling, but a 200 LB female security guard paced up and down with a Thompson submachine gun.  I hope they didn't give her live ammo.  Perhaps it was a bluff deterrent but it sure felt like America was spelled with a 'k' all of a sudden.  Cheap air fares came at a really high price.  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version