topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 8:44 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: We Drove a Car While It Was Being Hacked  (Read 15094 times)

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: We Drove a Car While It Was Being Hacked
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2014, 04:58 PM »
Okay, I have to do this with out giggling..
See traffic backed up for miles going up a hill, clown at the front is one of them

These must be the same people drifting through malls looking side to side, walking abreast so I can't get around them.  Meanwhile I know the store, shelf, item, price and have exact change for what I want to purchase ready.  I'm 2.5 minutes in the store, bit 15 minutes getting around the obstructionists.  I've dubbed these types Meanderthals.  Someone should screen them when it comes to issuing driver's licenses and mall pedestrian permits.  :)

Hadn't actually thought to include them in the above, however... Assuming they are not elderly or herding children - so just for the able-bodied rude/dense folk - I will (on the Harley) coast briskly and directly up behind them and then bounce the tach off redline ... They move. :D ...This frequently sets off a car alarm or too (bonus points!).

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2014, 05:04 PM »
...Stupidity rampant... The problem with the price of gas...is the price of gas. Period. A bunch of greedy cartels want people bleed dry so they're just going to take what they want because nobody is stopping them.

well today I 'tanked', as they say here :p
I just converted it:
1.56 euros a litre ('Super' 95) = 8 dollars a gallon at today's exchange rates.
In the last while it's usually over 1.60 a litre, got it today cause it was 'cheap'.
So, whoever is screwing ye, is doubly screwing us over here :tellme:

IIRC you guys have a slightly different tax structure that takes some of the sting out of it (but not much). But yes it's 'tough all over' as the saying goes. And it's the finger pointing game that drives me batshit the most. Every time you turn on the news there is some other poorly concocted excuse for bumping the price up another "little" bit. They never seem to get around to just being honest and flat out say because fuck you that's why ... I could actually almost respect that. Sad to say.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2014, 05:14 PM »
I remember when I first moved to South Florida, Publix would put prices up during the "season" then lower the prices and run specials/coupons/get one free etc. during the off season.  Now the prices go up by significant chunks every couple of months and never retreat.

There are still buy one get one free deals.  But in Florida if you only want one they won't sell it to you for half price like in other states where Publix does business.  A pretty peculiar policy I must say.

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2014, 05:48 PM »
Had to check with the wife on that one. She shops at Publix all the time, because the food is better there than Winn Dixie. There is no noticeable price creep (she watches), and they will allow you to split a BOGO for half price.

But we're in central Florida, so perhaps it's a region/store level policy decision. She did mention that they will pester you about doing it...but they will let it happen here. *Shrug*

...Christ we are way the hell off topic now....ain't we?

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2014, 07:24 PM »
Christ we are way the hell off topic now....ain't we?
  That may be so but thank the wife.  Next time I want half a Bogo I'm gonna' go for it.  :)

Maybe we should start another thread Titled "Stuff We Feel Like Bitching About."  I have a feeling it will be therapeutic.  :)

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2014, 10:07 PM »
 :D :Thmbsup: