ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Forget about resume if Pale Moon crashes

<< < (3/3)

MilesAhead:
Perhaps it's because I'm using the 32-bit version of Pale Moon on my Win 7 64-bit computer, but I simply haven't had problems with downloading files of any size with DSB.  I don't even think about it, that's how unproblematic my experience has been.  (For a while, I had both the 32-bit and the 64-bit version of Pale Moon on the computer, using the 64-bit except when some software wanted the 32-bit.  I finally decided it was silly to have both, and I chose to keep the 32-bit, but I don't recall encountering any download problems while I was using the 64-bit version.)
-cyberdiva (June 01, 2014, 09:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

I believe you.  That's why I was unpleasantly surprised I suppose.  Usually if I get the faded look to Pale Moon I wait a couple of seconds and it catches up.  This particular time it just gave the dialog and closed.  Pretty weird.

I have had some weird things with DSB if I pause and try to resume later though.  If the next time I load the browser and click resume it doesn't make the connection, it's like saving the file.paart etc does me zero.  I tried feeding into FDM also.  Pretty strange it wouldn't pick up next time I could connect.  It just fills in the progressbar for the file and after that nothing can be done with it.  Pretty funky for a resume methodology it seems to me.  :)  Like a David Letterman Weird Net Trick.  :)

MilesAhead:
.... I simply haven't had problems with downloading files of any size with DSB. ...
-cyberdiva (June 01, 2014, 09:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm just curious and thought you may know the answer.  I have FF 30 installed and FF 27 Portable.  Both use DSB 2.14.  FF 30 will just show the popup and if I click save file, it downloads to the designated folder and numbers the filename on name clash.  FF 27 shows the popup and if I click save file it shows a SaveAs dialog with or without a name clash.

I can't seem to find any setting that controls it.  I pasted all DSB settings from the clipboard in an editor to search.  Maybe it's a FF setting but I didn't notice anything in about:config.  But I may not know what to look for. It's no big deal.  But it would be nice if I could toggle it at will.  :)

Edit:  Found it.  It just works off FF setting "always ask me where to save files."  One minor mystery erased.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version