ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Forget about resume if Pale Moon crashes

<< < (2/3) > >>

MilesAhead:
Got rid of Pale Moon and put on FF 29 32 bit as default.

Now FDM automatically is in use.  btw I like Theme Font and Size Changer.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/theme-font-size-changer/

Having Tab and menu fonts in bold and a bit larger is much easier on the eyes. Also effects dialog box text.  Nice and simple.

Edit: The trouble with running Linux is, if nothing breaks there's nothing to fix.  Windows provides job security.   :Thmbsup:

Innuendo:
Using Download Statusbar didn't help a wit.-MilesAhead (June 01, 2014, 12:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah...Download Statusbar just shows the download information of your browser in a different format. It doesn't offer any download manager capabilities, but....you know that now. :)

MilesAhead:
Using Download Statusbar didn't help a wit.-MilesAhead (June 01, 2014, 12:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah...Download Statusbar just shows the download information of your browser in a different format. It doesn't offer any download manager capabilities, but....you know that now. :)
-Innuendo (June 01, 2014, 06:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

The weird thing is it downloads as fast as FDM.  That seems peculiar but I tried it a bunch of times.  Oh well, it's more the instability of PM that was the problem.

Edit:  Likely it's because the WiFi provider is only allowing one connection.  When I was on a wired network FDM was worth using.

cyberdiva:
Perhaps it's because I'm using the 32-bit version of Pale Moon on my Win 7 64-bit computer, but I simply haven't had problems with downloading files of any size with DSB.  I don't even think about it, that's how unproblematic my experience has been.  (For a while, I had both the 32-bit and the 64-bit version of Pale Moon on the computer, using the 64-bit except when some software wanted the 32-bit.  I finally decided it was silly to have both, and I chose to keep the 32-bit, but I don't recall encountering any download problems while I was using the 64-bit version.)

ewemoa:
FWIW, graphical browsers crashing happens in *NIX too -- I've taken to using command line tools for large downloads (e.g. wget, aria2c, etc.).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version