ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

WinXP registry hack enables further security updates

<< < (3/4) > >>

tomos:
Eek. I didn't [make backups]
-TaoPhoenix (June 01, 2014, 09:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

no system restore?

TaoPhoenix:
--- End quote ---

no system restore?
-tomos (June 01, 2014, 12:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah I did do one of those. But I thought those got deleted eventually. I didn't have any problems yet and I figured Stoic's comment talked about months later.

tomos:
--- End quote ---

no system restore?
-tomos (June 01, 2014, 12:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah I did do one of those. But I thought those got deleted eventually. I didn't have any problems yet and I figured Stoic's comment talked about months later.
-TaoPhoenix (June 01, 2014, 03:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

yeah, that's the choice I guess:
[sing operatically] it's now or never.... [/sing operatically]
 :)

Midnight Rambler:
XP box's Win Update found five more today:

WinXP registry hack enables further security updates

Debating whether to hold-off installing.  Software Removal Tool - June 2014 is the only definite one.

Aside from this issue, posting images in this forum has become rather confusing.

TaoPhoenix:
Yeah I just found those too, and they made me nervous compared to the prev updates as discussed in that original sensational article.

"Security Updates for XP" from the first set has a way different sound than "Update for Wepos and POSready 2009".

So I turned Auto Update totally off for now. And per my initial comment, that original article was all news of the week, but it's much harder to find info on what these new ones are doing for people who took that initial suggestion!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version