ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Disable Ctrl Q

(1/1)

ScreenManiac:
I wish there was a way to disable the Ctrl+Q hotkey.
Many other programs use it to QUIT the application, so I got into the habit of pressing it when finished. Accidentally deleting the active screenshot in the process.

Why do we need Ctrl+Q if we have DEL that does the same thing? Apart from many other ways to delete. Very non-standard and confusing, with no apparent advantage over the usual methods of deleting.

tomos:
I wish there was a way to disable the Ctrl+Q hotkey.
Many other programs use it to QUIT the application, so I got into the habit of pressing it when finished. Accidentally deleting the active screenshot in the process.-ScreenManiac (May 30, 2014, 12:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, I've requested this be changed in the past. Most graphics programmes, but also many others (e.g. Softmaker Office programmes) use it to close.

I was so used to using it, that I started to use an AHK script to force *all* windows to close with Ctrl+Q. This is a workaround for SC, as it also closes it's window (rather than delete the current screenshot). (I dont have it yet on this machine, will post it later here.)

mouser:
Ok I'm convinced, I will change it in next release and make Ctrl+Q do nothing.

Why do we need Ctrl+Q if we have DEL that does the same thing?
--- End quote ---
The rationale would be that the delete key is context-sensitive.  Depending on where you are in the user interface it will do different things; wheras a hotkey to delete the current image should work in multiple places.  But perhaps it isn't needed..

tomos:
But perhaps it isn't needed..
-mouser (May 30, 2014, 06:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

or just give it another key combo?
e.g. Ctrl+Shift+Q (?)

ScreenManiac:
Thanks for considering it. Looking forward to the change.
Just like tomos I have no objections to a different hotkey like Ctrl Del or Ctrl Shift Q or whatever.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version