ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Anyone using CherryTree for Windows, or Linux for that matter?

<< < (2/3) > >>

MilesAhead:
I was messing around with TreePad Lite for awhile just because they published the file format.  But the Lite version doesn't do much other than text.  To go t a link you have to select and hit Control h or something.

I have to start doing something to get organized.  There may come a day when I'm able to do more than one thing in 24 hours.  So I need to avoid mixing the two things up.  :)

Circles and arrows and a paragraph linked to each one explainin' what each one wuz may help.  :)

wraith808:
Both of them look pretty cool... but my requirements for a while for any kind of note editor is not just that it export to Markdown, but that it actively uses it.  For that reason, I'm using Texthaven.

dr_andus:
Circles and arrows and a paragraph linked to each one explainin' what each one wuz may help.  :)
-MilesAhead (May 30, 2014, 05:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

Do you mean about the recommended software? WhizFolders has such explanation, if you scroll down their main page. It's a half-way house between a hierarchical notes database and a desktop wiki. But it's Windows only and not free.

40hz:
Circles and arrows and a paragraph linked to each one explainin' what each one wuz may help.  :)
-MilesAhead (May 30, 2014, 05:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

Would something like Scapple work for you? OSX and Windows only. No Nix version - although I tried installing it under Wine and it appears to work ok. Still, I'd never trust running it that way if I were doing something important. So let's keep it as Mac/PC only.

You can get a 30 (non-consecutive!!!) day trial if you want one just by downloading it. Inexpensive to buy too ($15).

TaoPhoenix:
I haven't even looked at it. But then even with big chunks of downtime, when I get serious I am a rabid Tree note fanatic.

If I want to create a node of Undermined/Wins/By Miner/2 3 4, I have only found two programs that worked for me, (one of which had a fatal deep structural flaw).

So I am just a bit puzzled at any program that can't let me create a 3 level deep node in twelve seconds because that's how I think every day.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version