ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

TrueCrypt is Now Abandonware?!

<< < (13/16) > >>

bit:
Okay this is just a super lightweight question as I'm following and tracking most of what's being posted here and it's kind of over my head in some ways but something just kind of nags at me and I can't help asking.
So I'm open to being politely ignored if it doesn't make any sense. :)
What if there was some way to run a 'shell program' to encapsulate Scramdisk in its own environment within one of the more modern OSs (Vista, etc....), with file sharing enabled to the host OS; mine being Win 7 Pro.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with Scramdisk, except it's not set up for the Win 7 file system.
I realize my ignorance must be showing.

40hz:

A project to replace TrueCrypt with a fully open replacement has been started.

Since this new project has no bearing on whatever is going on with the original TrueCrypt, I started a separate discussion for it.

Find it here.

Renegade:
No idea what to think of this:

https://www.livebusinesschat.com/smf/index.php?topic=5629.0

I have been informed that I may be the first person to publish this. There is a hidden message on the new sourceforge TrueCrypt site that says, approximately, "Don't use TrueCrypt because it is under the control of the NSA". I originally posted details about the message on my user page at MediaWiki.org, and then posted a mention of it on the talk page for the TrueCrypt article at Wikipedia (permalink). Decoding the message is simple. The first line of the site is this:

WARNING: Using TrueCrypt is not secure as it may contain unfixed security issues

That sentence uses strange English, like the word "unfixed",  that is clearly contrived to fit a hidden message. If you take just the first letter of each word, except the word "WARNING":

Using TrueCrypt is not secure as it may contain unfixed security issues

you get this:

uti nsa im cu si

It's Latin that roughly means:

Unless I want to use the NSA

So, the full message seems to be this:

WARNING: Using TrueCrypt is not secure as it may contain unfixed security issues, unless I want to use the NSA

Which is English that roughly means:

Don't use TrueCrypt because it is under the control of the NSA

--- End quote ---

Interesting at any rate.

40hz:
Definitely interesting. With something else it would be a stretch. But placed in context of the puzzle & word game world of cryptographers and their ilk, there just might be something to it. Maybe.
 8) :Thmbsup:

wraith808:
That's not Latin.  Not even near in the same neighborhood as Latin.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version