ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Capslock

<< < (3/3)

Stoic Joker:
Actually ToggleKeys has been around since Windows 2000. But unfortunately it makes the same noise for both enable and disable
-Stoic Joker (May 28, 2014, 10:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

not here - on Windows 7 -
as said, it makes a "high pitch for on, lower pitch for off"-tomos (May 29, 2014, 05:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, I caught that bit, and back to back it is noticeable. Problem is 5-10 minutes apart I got no idea which beep I'm hearing ...(I should probably mention my hearing sucks)... So I just kind of (mentally) tuned out that part of the feature years ago.

Obviously the deactivating itself would not be ideal... possibly for that reason, it does have a setting: press numlock key for 5 seconds to activate.
-tomos (May 29, 2014, 05:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

I never did figure out what was deactivating it or why, it was just constantly, suddenly not there. But hay WTH, I just enabled it now to see what'll happen this time. Perhaps it will stay on.

tomos:
Obviously the deactivating itself would not be ideal... possibly for that reason, it does have a setting: press numlock key for 5 seconds to activate.
--- End quote ---

I never did figure out what was deactivating it or why, it was just constantly, suddenly not there. But hay WTH, I just enabled it now to see what'll happen this time. Perhaps it will stay on.
-Stoic Joker (May 29, 2014, 06:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

I was trying to remember all along what it reminds me of - do you remember that real basic tennis video game - the sounds were almost the same for hit and miss :-)

Stoic Joker:
--- End quote ---

-Stoic Joker (May 29, 2014, 06:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

I was trying to remember all along what it reminds me of - do you remember that real basic tennis video game - the sounds were almost the same for hit and miss :-)-tomos (May 29, 2014, 07:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ah, yes ... I remember Pong well. And after sitting here watching the video and playing with the keyboard for the last 5 minutes, I do believe you're right. They do indeed seem to match perfectly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version