ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Capslock

<< < (2/3) > >>

Nod5:
Nice improvement eleman! I didn't think of setting the volume.

eleman:
Yeah, it comes in handy when you use computer as an alarm clock and forget the sound at a low level.

The maximum sound level is 100 btw. You can change the numbers 50 with a higher one up to 100 to make it more audible if you need so.

mouser:
I'm going to merge these threads.

Stoic Joker:
Telephonics,
on Windows 7, you can set the Capslock and Numberlock to make a sound when changed (high pitch for on, lower pitch for off).

Could that be a solution?

Or could disabling both completely be a solution?
-tomos (May 28, 2014, 09:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Actually ToggleKeys has been around since Windows 2000. But unfortunately it makes the same noise for both enable and disable, and it has a very bad habit of deactivating itself for some odd reason ... Which is why - having a habit of missing shifts and hitting capslock myself - I gave up on using it a few years back.

tomos:
Actually ToggleKeys has been around since Windows 2000. But unfortunately it makes the same noise for both enable and disable
-Stoic Joker (May 28, 2014, 10:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

not here - on Windows 7 -
as said, it makes a "high pitch for on, lower pitch for off"

Obviously the deactivating itself would not be ideal... possibly for that reason, it does have a setting: press numlock key for 5 seconds to activate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version