ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Malwarebytes is moving away from lifetime licenses

<< < (8/8)

Jibz:
From the release history for 2.0.1:

* All scheduled scans should now run without popping up the main UI so that users are not interrupted
--- End quote ---

Still pops up the window after every scheduled scan here :-\.

And they need to fix it so the new version can update itself without having to be run directly from the admin account.

Gron:
All I can say concretely is that MBAM significantly helped to remove some malware - Conduit Search Protect - that got onto my wife's machine.  Technically, Search Protect is a "potentially unwanted program", but it's malware in my eyes since it actively attempts to prevent being uninstalled.

It's possible that the real-time aspect provided by MBAM Pro wasn't necessary for this - note that Search Protect got on the machine while MBAM Pro was running.

As an aside, a recent evaluation of Webroot SecureAnywhere that I did showed that product was effective in blocking Search Protect from getting on the machine in the first place.  I hope to write up some of my findings of that evaluation sometime soon.
-mwb1100 (March 11, 2014, 02:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

My wife also had this Search Protect, we removed it manually: http://cookieverwijderen.nl/hijackers/searchprotect

Innuendo:
However, if you feel like you really, really want a lifetime license, they've allocated 5000 of them for a last gasp sale.
-mwb1100 (March 24, 2014, 05:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

This is a brilliant move, IMHO, because when a licensing change like this happens it doesn't matter how much notice has been given, but there are always people coming out of the woodwork screaming they didn't know & didn't have a chance to buy the product at the old price.

Now, realistically, this is only going to delay the whining, but it was a nice offer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version