ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The 25 Worst Tech Products of All Time - PCWorld.com

(1/5) > >>

jazper:
Interesting list here...

At PC World, we spend most of our time talking about products that make your life easier or your work more productive. But it's the lousy ones that linger in our memory long after their shrinkwrap has shriveled, and that make tech editors cry out, "What have I done to deserve this?"

Still, even the worst products deserve recognition (or deprecation). So as we put together our list of World Class winners for 2006, we decided also to spotlight the 25 worst tech products that have been released since PC World began publishing nearly a quarter-century ago.

--- End quote ---

http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,125772,00.asp

mouser:
great idea  ;D

but:
i really take issue with some of the things on that list, and i always take pc world with a big grain of salt.  even if you dont love internet explorer 6 and realplayer, to consider those 2 part of the top ten worst tech products of all time is assinine.   :down: bad job pc world, lazy  :down:

jazper:
Well, definately IE6 doesn't belong on that list. If FireFox or Opera got the exposure IE does, I'm pretty sure you would see alot more flaws in them, and IE6 wouldn't be on that list.  I thought IE6 was/is a fine browser, and now with IE7...seems to be even better. I do currently use FF, but mainly for the tabbed browsing. I'm looking forward to IE7 once released.  As for Real player, i've just never been a big fan of them, so I can't really comment on them. I've only used Real Player when I've absolutely needed to.

app103:
To consider WinME worse than Sony's rootkit is insane...to consider WinME worse than MS Bob is insane.

To put AOL at the top of the list is also insane.

This list is rather insulting to me, almost personally.  :down:  :mad:

mouser:
agree, it sounds like they just had lunch and whenever someone complained about a program they added it to the list. stupid.  they didn't seem to put any effort at all into differentiating between truly horrible stuff and stuff they could think up off the top of their head.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version