ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

ExportSnapshot - Lightroom plug-in to create snapshot on export

(1/1)

Jibz:
I've been using Lightroom for managing my photos lately, and I was looking for an option to automatically create a snapshot in the Develop module whenever I export a photo for upload to services like 500px.

To explain briefly; Lightroom is non-destructive and stores a history of changes you apply to your photo. You can create a named snapshot of a certain state, so you can go back to it later after making other changes. It can be nice to have a snapshot of the state a photo was in when you exported it.

So, I thought this would be a good opportunity to try writing my first plug-in for Lightroom :Thmbsup:.

Many plug-ins seem to be commercial, or at least contain compiled Lua files that you cannot modify or learn from, so I decided to make this one available for free under an open-source license:

https://github.com/jibsen/ExportSnapshot

Fair warning: This is my first Lightroom plug-in, and I started it yesterday, so be sure to back up your catalog if you try it out :-[.

mouser:
Nice work!

Jibz:
Just wanted to note that I have used ExportSnapshot along with BackupHelper without any issues for the past five months.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version