ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Everything Is Broken

<< < (3/6) > >>

Edvard:
Also, this:
The IC [Intelligence Community] are some of the most surveilled humans in history. They know everything they do is gone over with a fine-toothed comb — by their peers, their bosses, their lawyers, other agencies, the president, and sometimes Congress. They live watched, and they don’t complain about it.

In all the calls for increased oversight, the basics of human nature gets neglected. You’re not going to teach the spooks this is wrong by doing it to them more.
--- End quote ---

Touché.  :(
-Edvard (May 22, 2014, 10:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Perhaps, but if the clowns in congress start getting fried by restaurant heat lamp level spotlights for some of their "perfectly innocent", "private" conversations ... The funding for the spook programs should start drying up rather quickly.

Internal oversight for the IC is less about toeing the line and more about pushing the envelop to see who find or create the stretchiest loophole without getting hung by it. It's nothing more than an orgy level CYA gangbang. Whose the pivot for this free-for-all..? We are!

We really just need a don't be that guy poster child to rally a grass roots movement behind to push these vermin out of their holes and into the sunlight where they can bloody well fry to death for all I care.
-Stoic Joker (May 22, 2014, 11:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't think anybody, including me, is trying to gloss over what's being done to the innocent in the name of security, or apologize for these guys.  Just remember they're humans too.  I have trouble calling anybody 'vermin' until culpability is proven.  And the poster child?  I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. 

Stoic Joker:
Just remember they're humans too.-Edvard (May 23, 2014, 05:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

I fail to see why I should bother focusing on something that they themselves have obviously forgotten. They have positioned themselves as grand and glorious superhero inquisitors. With massively invasive machines that catalog everyone's waking moments. These systems just beg to be abused ... And they are already. They just had some shit on the news about the fuzz abusing the in car background checking systems in a recreationally frequent fashion. These new and incredibly sophisticated systems will pull up everything including your credit/employment history, tax records, and etc. on anyone with just a tag number. Like the tag numbers that they have a dedicated camera to automatically scan for ... At All Times ... Trolling for PC excuses..

Now at what point exactly during a routine traffic stop does a police officer have any rational need for somebody's ****ing Credit Report?? ...Or employment history for that matter.

I can't find a link to the current news report, but I did find this on google http://www.copwatch.org/databaseabuse.html ...So it's apparently not just a singular isolated incident.

And that of course is just the local yokels that haven't quite been mitliterized to the point of completely forgetting their - To Protect and Serve - purpose for employment.

I have trouble calling anybody 'vermin' until culpability is proven.-Edvard (May 23, 2014, 05:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

By the time we're all running around with chips in our heads that tell us when to report to the rehabilitation center for having "improper" thoughts ... I'm pretty sure it'll be too late.

And the poster child?  I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.-Edvard (May 23, 2014, 05:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

It ain't like we haven't had enough warning shots. Yet people still sit there like they thing it'll just all work out.

These people have had our trust for the last decade and look where that has gotten us ... Very far out into a deep lake of shit.

40hz:
@SJ - Dude! You're blocking. Let it out! Tell us how you really feel!  :P ;D

(kidding...) ;)

40hz:
And that of course is just the local yokels that haven't quite been mitliterized to the point of completely forgetting their - To Protect and Serve - purpose for employment.
-Stoic Joker (May 24, 2014, 12:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

They're working on it however, Next round of behavioral conditioning special training they get sent to will fix that. :-\

MilesAhead:
Stoic Joker said: Now at what point exactly during a routine traffic stop does a police officer have any rational need for somebody's ****ing Credit Report?? ...Or employment history for that matter.
--- End quote ---

Common scenario:  Two cops in squad car on traffic patrol.  They spot someone driving erratically.  They pull the car over.  One cop gets out and talks to the inebriated driver, then comes back to the patrol car.  Cop waiting in the car says "Is he anybody?"  Meaning if he's just a nobody they'll charge him with DUI.  But if he's somebody they might let him sleep it off in the car and get a phone number for later when they need a favor.

With the computer info it takes out the guesswork.  People who used to be somebody won't be able to rest on their laurels.  If they have fallen on hard times they won't be able to fake it. Nothing worse than letting a guy slide only to be unable to get the favor later.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version