ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Everything Is Broken

<< < (2/6) > >>

MilesAhead:
Hmm, I have no interest in hacking into sites... unless Halle Berry is working me over.  Instead of "Swordfish" that film should've been titled "Sword Swallower."  :)

There seems to be this myth that it's trivial to hack into systems.  I guess my I.Q. is much lower than I thought.  I've been programming for a long time and I can't even figure out how to add a dozen zeros to the end of my bank balance.  Talk about "free checking."  That account would pay you just for being there.  :)

40hz:
Hmm, I have no interest in hacking into sites... unless Halle Berry is working me over.  
-MilesAhead (May 23, 2014, 09:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

Somehow I think you'd be interested in doing pretty much anything if the comely Ms. Berry were working you over. (Sometimes you gotta take the good with the bad, right?)  ;D:Thmbsup:

Check her out in The Cloud Atlas. I think I like the way she looks better with longer hair and scruffed up a bit. You? ;)

MilesAhead:
I thought she looked hottest in Bulworth.

If they could get her to be twin sisters then I say legalize cloning.  ;)

TaoPhoenix:
Heh well after watching way too many cop shows, "I can't tell you who" doesn't last seventeen seconds under "You are under oath. Who was it?".

Meanwhile while this one *may* be an urband legend, given enough years with the death of Win XP, I wouldn't put it totally past possibility.

MilesAhead:
Heh.  On the under oath bit, Nixon served on th House Unamerican Activities Commitee(HUAC) in the 50s.  They got Alger Hiss for Perjury.  So when Watergate started to stink he kept saying that it's the coverup that gets you convicted.  They get you for Perjury rather than the original charge.

G. Gordon Liddy, one of the Plumbers, must have heard this.  Also he used to be an Assistant Prosecutor.  When the Senate Select Committee brought him in to testify in private session, the clerk held out the Bible and went through the ritual "Do you solemnly.. yadda yadda.." to which Liddy replied in a clear loud voice "No! I do not!"

They asked him to leave.

Likewise in John Sirica's Courtroom Liddy refused to testify.  I think he holds the record for time served in DC Jail for Contempt of Court.  But I don't think he was convicted of any of the Watergate charges.

I always got a kick out of Liddy doing that because I thought of that myself.  Clerk asks if you intend to tell the truth and you say "To be honest Your Honor, I intend to lie my ass off."  :)

Edit:  I give myself one demerit for retelling my favorites.  Perhaps the Clockwork Orange Therapy could ameliorate this tendency.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version