ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The DonationCoder.com 30-Day Healthy Eating and Exercise Challenge!

<< < (18/18)

Deozaan:
As far as I can tell, the Fit Bit really is just a pedometer with an alarm... And Bluetooth.

It's the bluetooth that allows it to be "a whole lot more" but not really. The "whole lot more" comes from an app on your phone or your PC. The Fit Bit is still essentially just a pedometer with an alarm.

And as I said, my smartphone can count my steps and wake me up, and track my elevation, and talk to an app to show me stats and record my movement and everything the Fit Bit can do.

And while your watch thing certainly looks like it does a lot more than the Fit Bit, I heard there was an update to iOS that made the iPhone waterproof (;)) so your purchase may have been in vain. :P

wraith808:
It's the bluetooth that allows it to be "a whole lot more" but not really. The "whole lot more" comes from an app on your phone or your PC. The Bit Fit is still essentially just a pedometer with an alarm.
-Deozaan (May 27, 2014, 04:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

How does an alarm track the quality of your sleep?

And while your watch thing certainly looks like it does a lot more than the Bit Fit, I heard there was an update to iOS that made the iPhone waterproof (;)) so your purchase may have been in vain.
--- End quote ---

I'm not quite *that* gullible :P

TaoPhoenix:

And while your watch thing certainly looks like it does a lot more than the Bit Fit, I heard there was an update to iOS that made the iPhone waterproof (;)) so your purchase may have been in vain.
--- End quote ---

I'm not quite *that* gullible :P
-wraith808 (May 27, 2014, 07:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

Damnit my iPhone isn't working anymore!
Just kidding!
 ;D

Deozaan:
How does an alarm track the quality of your sleep?
-wraith808 (May 27, 2014, 07:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

How does the Fit Bit track the quality of your sleep?

From what I can tell, it just keeps track of how much/often you move in your sleep. Any pedometer/gyroscope/motion sensor can do the same thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version