ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Switzerland-based ProtonMail, yet another secure email service

<< < (9/13) > >>

rgdot:
Message per month limit?  :huh: Free or otherwise that's just silly, sorry but it is.

wraith808:
I thought both were truthfully... the criminally small space and the messages per month.

Edvard:
Well, after getting setup... I see that this is not meant as your primary e-mail.  At least not at 100MB and 1000 messages/month...?
-wraith808 (September 08, 2014, 05:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Considering how many people actually use encrypted mail as their primary... :shrug:

That said, yeah it doesn't seem like a whole lot, although I doubt I get more than 300 emails a month from my regular email, and I'm signed up to at least 5 subscriptions, plus Facebook and G+ notifications.  Maybe 5 messages a month through the email I give out to family and friends... maybe that's saying something.  :(

wraith808:
Well, after getting setup... I see that this is not meant as your primary e-mail.  At least not at 100MB and 1000 messages/month...?
-wraith808 (September 08, 2014, 05:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Considering how many people actually use encrypted mail as their primary... :shrug:

That said, yeah it doesn't seem like a whole lot, although I doubt I get more than 300 emails a month from my regular email, and I'm signed up to at least 5 subscriptions, plus Facebook and G+ notifications.  Maybe 5 messages a month through the email I give out to family and friends... maybe that's saying something.  :(
-Edvard (September 08, 2014, 07:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

On another end of the scale, I get more than 300 a day.   :)

Edvard:
Well, I got my invite email, we'll see how this goes.
https://blog.lavaboom.com/lavaboom-rolls-out/

First look:
Nice web UI (no, really, it's pretty slick, if rather Metro-y)
1GB storage
No emails-per-day limit as far as I can see.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version