ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Can anyone convert a WordPerfect file to PDF for me?

<< < (3/3)

cthorpe:
@Carl when it says "Word not so bad considering who wrote the thing" I meant that I wrote the word processing program.  So no way it would be perfect.  :)
-MilesAhead (April 28, 2014, 02:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

I was referring to the drinking thing.  :)  No worries.

Innuendo:
Keep in mind that the printed version of the document does not have the massive blank areas, as they are filled with excerpts of hymns.  It looks acceptable in the printed format.-cthorpe
--- End quote ---

If it looks fine printed out then it might simply be a version problem. She may be using a version of WordPerfect so old that PDF generators and other programs, including newer versions of WordPerfect, won't format the documents correctly.

Curt:
Hello from Zamzar !
There was a problem converting your file - We attempted to perform the conversion you requested from wpd to pdf but unfortunately the conversion failed.
http://www.zamzar.com/convert/wpd-to-pdf/ -File upload complete
--- End quote ---

-so I went and installed Free Viewer; it is surprisingly good at reading wpd files. It read your original wpd file without major problems; it was very much like your uploaded pdf file, but Free Viewer can only save as Doc or RTF, not from WPD to PDF, sorry.

I have maybe 3000 fonts, so I was embarrassed to see that your uploaded wpd file's fonts are not being displayed properly (but your pdf file did not provoke such errors):

Free Viewer "Save as RTF":

RTF; Easter 2 April 27 2014.zip (9.66 kB - downloaded 200 times.)

--------------------

This is a screenshot of how Free Viewer is displaying your uploaded wpd file, page 1:
click thumbnail to enlarge:

Can anyone convert a WordPerfect file to PDF for me?

---
But apart from converting via RTF, I am unable to convert your uploaded file into PDF.

pinewater:
get a print pdf driver such as bullzip pdf printer and she can give you both wordperfect file and pdf output

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version