ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Want to make some extra coin? Like a LOT of extra coin? BIG BOUNTY!

<< < (2/6) > >>

Renegade:
- I'd want a CPA/Other kind of professional to certify this guy. Coming from my position of know-nothing, this could dangerously be copied as text to become Phish V3.0, way nastier than any Nigerian! And even from him, "Hi, I'm running a huge contest, so send me a month's worth of work" leaves a lot of holes. I'd want to see a "contract/bond to pay the prize money already in escrow" for something like this.
-TaoPhoenix (May 18, 2014, 05:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

There you're missing one of the beauties of cryptocurrency - trustlessness. With multi-sig transactions you can effectively have an escrow and you don't need any certification or trust in the original person paying.

While the mainstream is blathering on about the "next big thing" being "trust" (e.g. web of trust), cryptocurrency is eliminating the need for trust.

Renegade:
So while I think it's great that Mssr. Jannsens has proposed this (hopefully with the most noble of intentions) I don't think it will ultimately turn out much different than what has gone before it.
-40hz (May 18, 2014, 11:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Read more through that thread. Some people have already pointed out projects that are similar.

This all goes towards the DAO - Distributed Autonomous Organisation. They're coming...

wraith808:
No. It's not so much people suck as they get weird - and do weird things - around money.
-40hz (May 18, 2014, 06:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't think that it's money.  I think it's the same thing that everything has been rooted to before money even existed as a concept- power.  All else is just an expression of this.  Power corrupts- and all of the expressions of it also.

TaoPhoenix:
- I'd want a CPA/Other kind of professional to certify this guy. Coming from my position of know-nothing, this could dangerously be copied as text to become Phish V3.0, way nastier than any Nigerian! And even from him, "Hi, I'm running a huge contest, so send me a month's worth of work" leaves a lot of holes. I'd want to see a "contract/bond to pay the prize money already in escrow" for something like this.
-TaoPhoenix (May 18, 2014, 05:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

There you're missing one of the beauties of cryptocurrency - trustlessness. With multi-sig transactions you can effectively have an escrow and you don't need any certification or trust in the original person paying.

While the mainstream is blathering on about the "next big thing" being "trust" (e.g. web of trust), cryptocurrency is eliminating the need for trust.
-Renegade (May 18, 2014, 08:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, maybe we're talking about different dictionary definitions of Trust.

I meant at a much more human level of "do you believe this guy will actually shell out the money?"

"So Ren, if you send me a nice picture of a space alien from DeviantArt, I'll send you a dollar!"  *

*Some conditions apply.

;D

Renegade:
"So Ren, if you send me a nice picture of a space alien from DeviantArt, I'll send you a dollar!"  *

*Some conditions apply.

;D
-TaoPhoenix (May 18, 2014, 09:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

http://wafflesmccoy.deviantart.com/art/BCK-Alien-Bunny-Babe-34186316

Thanks! You can send your dollar to me in bitcoins here:

1LoZLVjjzJp6Vt3Q4AaTkVHuM8i3obhw7Y

;D

Well, maybe we're talking about different dictionary definitions of Trust.

I meant at a much more human level of "do you believe this guy will actually shell out the money?"
-TaoPhoenix (May 18, 2014, 09:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

And that's the point. You don't need to trust anyone as you can eliminate trust through escrow and multi-sig sending.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version