ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Plea for help from programmer and blogger Xah Lee

(1/1)

phitsc:
Programmer and blogger Xah Lee who runs the ergoemacs.org web site posted a disturbing plea for help today

http://ergoemacs.org/misc/xah_as_good_as_dead.html

He's financially ruined, living from noodles and oats, close to homelessness.

I've been following his blog mainly because of his excellent information and reviews about ergonomic keyboards.

I have to admit I fail to understand how he managed to live in a place that cost him $1600 a month without having a job for years (if I understood that right).

TaoPhoenix:

Yeah, this is a bit of a tricky call.

I'll take you folks' word if he has provided useful info to the community but there's no way he's gonna make $1600/month payments doing dish washing. And that $1600/month is just gonna stick in my craw because he should have just "rented a room" ages ago.

All McDonalds, lots of Dunkin Donuts, some Burger Kings, etc. have free Wifi which you can get even outside on the sidewalk so if he really wanted to he can do stuff offline and then push it out in range.

Maybe he doesn't have friends but not counting I am across the country, someone like me could probably offer a couch for free.

So a couple puzzle pieces are still missing here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version