ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Groundhog Day Loops

<< < (3/4) > >>

Edvard:
I usually don't go in for Creepypasta, but boredom and the internet will spirit you away to places you would otherwise ignore.  This one was alright, a few grammar fails and a generally adolescent tone in a few places, but the story is good, and relevant to topic:

The Strangest Security Tape I've Ever Seen

TaoPhoenix:
Supernatural season 3 episode 11 - 'Mystery spot'  - Great episode, too bad this series went downhill so fast after season 6, especially after the (more than) excellent seasons 2 till 5. So many opportunities missed in season 6 till 9, it is a shame.
-Shades (May 14, 2014, 04:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

This was a great tip. I just watched this. I've never even heard of this series before. There's just so much out there.

Nice take on the theme with a "double loop" and differing time scales.

That Trickster is nasty!

TaoPhoenix:
I usually don't go in for Creepypasta, but boredom and the internet will spirit you away to places you would otherwise ignore.  This one was alright, a few grammar fails and a generally adolescent tone in a few places, but the story is good, and relevant to topic:

The Strangest Security Tape I've Ever Seen
-Edvard (May 15, 2014, 07:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Decent little story Edvard!

TaoPhoenix:

Good lordy! Paradoxical loops were a mainstay of the Twilight Zone! In the first season alone there were several stories that used some sort of a loop as a central element in their plot:

-40hz (May 15, 2014, 05:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

I just watched Judgment Night and it reminded me to say something a little sideways from the main topic here.

A lot of the Twilight Zone original episodes had characters speaking "really slowly" which creeped me out for the "wrong" reasons. I wanna say it has something to do with the state of TV culture at the time. I know I think a lot in "12 minute thought experiments that would take 12 days to prove" but in general the Words Per Minute has dramatically increased in modern TV shows.

A slight bias might be that since one of my favorite shows is Warehouse 13, where at least once or more a season someone's memory gets messed up, and they peel off a huge string of "something" at a really fast clip. All of them: Artie, Pete, Myka, and Claudia.

But even on that episode of Supernatural I just watched courtesy of Shades, a show I'd never even heard of, you can hear it: the characters talk way faster, with far fewer long pauses.

TaoPhoenix:
I saw Dark City in college and it blew me away.  Great looking movie.
-superboyac (May 14, 2014, 03:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

I just watched it now. I so did not expect that battle with the alien boss. He was way tougher than I thought he would be! Before then they were using powerful but low level tactics.

So then a brilliant endgame by the doctor with the altered memory syringe for whom he saw as the "savior". Notice he managed to poke his head up a couple of times to see his handiwork. And then way at the end John just barely beats the alien boss by a smidge to free the world.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version