ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Running Windows 8.1 apps

(1/2) > >>

Rennes007:
Hello there.

How do I run windows defender in windows 8.1?
FARR points to the .lnk file but fails to open?

I'm also interesting in getting FARR to open windows metro apps like new, reader and mail.

FARR is great! I'd love to see it developed further.

mouser:
Hmm.. FARR should run fine in windows 8.1 but this sounds like possibly the issue we've seen before about some shortcuts pointing to special "virtualized" locations..  Can anyone shed any light on whether these shortcuts to the metro apps mentioned might be unusual?

Rennes007:
Update.

I can get around this by creating a new link to the windows defender program and search for that instead.
It is strange though, that the original link doesn't work.

Stoic Joker:
I'm thinking the Windows Apps (sandboxed) isolation is an intentional/integral part of the design that isn't supposed to be accessible from the desktop. This is why all the 'How to access the Windows Apps directory' tutorials involve modifying permissions on the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps directory.

I could be wrong, I'm just thinking out loud here. But I do seem to recall mention of loosening up the access restrictions between the two "worlds" in future versions of 8.1 in update 2 (I think).

Rennes007:
Solution to running mail metro app:

Create an alias to:
%windir%\System32\cmd.exe /c start "" "ms-mail:" && exit

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version