ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

INDEX/CACHE vs REALTIME

<< < (4/4)

matesko:
I would like to see caching too. I switched to launchy because of that - speed. But I lack a lot of farr functionalities/plugins, no perfect solution for now :-(

Using everything is total overkill

ayryq:
In addition to the everything plugins you can also use a FARR alias to quickly open a separate Everything window with a search phrase. I use two spaces at the end of a FARR searchphrase as regex pattern. Very handy as you can first search with FARR and, if what you're looking for isn't found in a second or two, just tap space space.

regular expression pattern box:
^(.*)\s\s$
Results box:
Everything Search: $$1 | dolaunch C:\Program files\Everything\Everything.exe -search "$$1"

(modify the path to fit your installation directory)
-Nod5 (July 23, 2010, 04:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm resurrecting ancient threads today  :D Here's a question for the FARR gurus who came up with this clever double-space trick:

I'd like to use both the keyword "ev" and the double-space trick, if possible.

So there are three possible scenarios; the last one is the problematic one (for me):

I type a phrase (without "ev") and then hit space-space; it opens in Everything.
I type "ev" then a phrase; I see the first few results from Everything embedded in FARR.
I type "ev" then a phrase; I see the first few results from Everything, embedded in FARR. I then type space space and the phrase (but not "ev") is opened in the main Everything window.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Eric

Nod5:
I type "ev" then a phrase; I see the first few results from Everything, embedded in FARR. I then type space space and the phrase (but not "ev") is opened in the main Everything window.
-ayryq (June 21, 2015, 04:45 PM)
--- End quote ---
Hi ayryq, I think the Everything plugin would need to be modified to handle that. Once the "ev" has triggered the plugin an alias cannot jump in and override that AFAIK. It looks like the coders of those plugins hasn't posted here since 2010/2009 so they may be abandoned but you can make a post in either of those threads or try to PM them, maybe they have email alert for new posts there activated.

Mouser: this question gave me an idea though: imagine there was a command similar to "dolaunch showfilehtml" but which instead parsed an input textfile file and made one FARR result list item for each line in the file. Then it might be possible to make an alias that first runs the Everything ev.exe command line tool with a search phrase from FARR, outputs the result to a list.txt file, and then finally does (the not yet existing command) "dolaunch showfilelist list.txt". But maybe the detour with a .txt file would make that too slow to be useful? Anyway, such a "showfilelist" command would make it easy to display custom lists of launchable paths from other tools in FARR.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version