ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

[Suggestion] Secondary mode with execute on first unique match

<< < (5/7) > >>

mouser:
You've got the default non-contiguous matching enabled, so "Filemanager" is matching against fir.
You could turn off non-contiguous matching if you wanted to stop that.

From your example it seems like i should probably add an additional option for disabling non-contiguous matching just for aliases -- since that seems like something people might want to be able to do.

Bending_Unit:
Thanks. Thats does it..

However now i found what feels wrong for me before i left.

If i only type m in the above example it will execute the filemanager. I guess thats because m is only present in that word Filemanager.
However if i press o which is only present in firefox it does nothing. So that explanation doesn´t really hold up.

Actually i don´t want that behavior anyway. Can i force matching to start at character 1? Because otherwise typos at letter one might fire something i don´t want at all.
This gets more unlikely if you mistype at a later character so thats not a concern anymore.

I see there is "Leftmost Match Bonus" in the manual. I guess i am looking for something like a "Leftmost not match penalty" i could set like -10000.   ;)

Bending_Unit:
Hi Mouser,

quick question:  is my assumption above correct that i cannot "force" Farr to respect the first letter within the current feature set of the programm?

regards,
bender

mouser:
Yeah, there's currently no way to force it to match the first letter -- though that's an interesting idea..

Bending_Unit:
Since you were recently mentioning further releases ... any chance something along the lines of that force matching the first letter(s) might sneak in there?     ;)

Yeah, there's currently no way to force it to match the first letter -- though that's an interesting idea..
-mouser (June 22, 2014, 02:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version