ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

[Suggestion] Secondary mode with execute on first unique match

<< < (4/7) > >>

mouser:
Ill try to read this more carefully and reply in a bit, but a quick note:
you can make a regex alias that lets you type one thing and searches as if you typed something else.
you do this by using "dosearch" as the result of the alias.

in this way you could make an alias where you type "mysearch blah"
and it acted like you typed "+alias +launchone blah"

mouser:
Another option is you could make ONE alias (group) called "ax"
and put firefox and all your other common programs in that alias as results.

then you would type:

+alias +launchone ax firef...

the only thing to remember in that case is that just type "firef.." alone will NOT find the firefox entry you create..  only typing the name of the parent alias group would show the results contained in it.

Nod5:
Bending_Unit, here is a sample alias that let you type fff in FARR to launch firefox immediately.
Go to options > alias > alias/keywords/groups > myaliases.alias
Click add new
In the keyword/trigger field type firefox
Under Regular Expression Pattern, enter

--- ---^fff$
In the results box, enter

--- ---dolaunch C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

I find aliases that use repetition of a single key quick to type and easy to memorize. If you like me want this immediate launch only for a few programs/folders then it won't take much time to set it up.

Bending_Unit:
I find aliases that use repetition of a single key quick to type and easy to memorize. If you like me want this immediate launch only for a few programs/folders then it won't take much time to set it up.

--- End quote ---

Hi Nod,

thank you for your suggestion. In the long run i will have a lot of shortcuts in there so this one letter way won´t work for me.
I know the program names and don´t want to think about which shortcut it was.

regards,
Bender

Bending_Unit:
Another option is you could make ONE alias (group) called "ax"
and put firefox and all your other common programs in that alias as results.

then you would type:

+alias +launchone ax firef...

the only thing to remember in that case is that just type "firef.." alone will NOT find the firefox entry you create..  only typing the name of the parent alias group would show the results contained in it.
-mouser (May 13, 2014, 09:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hi Mouser,

sorry was absent for work for a while. So this is quite a late reply. Appologies for that.

This last suggestion seems to work for me. I tested it before i left and there was an issue which i don´t remember just now.

One thing i am not sure about is: it does only execute after the second letter of the unique match for some reason.

I will attach the description as a screenshot

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version