ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Send email from cmdline !

<< < (2/3) > >>

hulkbuster:
For the first link: An Email Program for Sending SMTP Mail from a Command Line An Email Program for Sending SMTP Mail from a Command Line
The commands were:

SendEmail -f [email protected] -t [email protected] -s "SERVER[:PORT] (If using gmail, -s smtp.gmail.com:587)" -xu "[email protected]" -xp "password" -u "Hello their" -m "How are you."

This is how it would look:
SendEmail -f [email protected] -t [email protected] -s smtp.gmail.com:587 -xu [email protected] -xp xxxxx -u "Hello their" -m "How are you."

But i am getting an error
--- ---Authentication not supported by the remote SMTP server!

Must issue a STARTTLS command first. o7sm20727708eew.25 - gsmtpChecking more on Blat.

Shades:
There are 2 different versions for Windows. One that supports TLS and one that doesn't. It is important you use the correct one and perhaps add: -o tls=auto at the end of the line you created.

MilesAhead:
Another cli client

http://www.codeproject.com/Tips/418420/Send-Email-from-Command-Line-using-GMail-Account

hulkbuster:
Hello so their were two versions of this program i.e.,
1:SendEmail TLS supported
2:SendEmail No TLS support

For TLS support the command i gave was:

--- ---SendEmail -f [email protected] -t [email protected] -s smtp.gmail.com:587 -xu [email protected] -xp xxxxx -u "Hello their" -m "How are you." -o tls=yesThe error message i got was " SMTP-AUTH: Authentication to smtp.gmail.com:587 failed. "

For No TLS support :

--- ---SendEmail -f [email protected] -t [email protected] -s smtp.gmail.com:587 -xu [email protected] -xp xxxxx -u "Hello their" -m "Hello there." -o tls=no The error message i got was" Authentication not supported by the remote SMTP server!
                              Must issue a STARTTLS command first. gn3sm4344660pbc.32 - gsmtp"

I don't understand what i am doing wrong.
Has anyone tried it, it would prove really useful to have a command based email support.
         Another cli client
http://www.codeproject.com/Tips/418420/Send-Email-from-Command-Line-using-GMail-Account
-MilesAhead (May 10, 2014, 04:58 PM)
--- End quote ---
This was really confusing , there is no sendmail.exe file that could relay the commands:

--- ---mailsend.exe -to %1 -from %2 -sub "test from windows" -starttls -port 587 -auth -smtp smtp.gmail.com -user "%2" -pass %SMTP_USER_PASS% -M "hello one liner" -log "c:\Users\mqt\Downloads\m.log"Sorry i had downloaded the unix version, but after using the windows version as well, it doens't work.

Blat really was tricky, having one to install all the profile and still not able to work with the commands.
Any suggestion would be great.

Thank you.

Shades:
Some 3rd party mail servers require you to login using POP3/IMAP before you are allowed to send mail through their SMTP server (spam prevention method). And given the amount of users the Google mail servers have to use that method. Their traffic is already impressive enough with this method.

You don't have access to another mail server?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version