ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Efficiently view set of .htm files, one after another

<< < (4/5) > >>

nkormanik:
Quickly made it through all 1000 .htm files stored on hard disk..., and without a single error message popping up.

So, being able to handle URLs would be frosting on top.  Not totally crucial, as it appears there's more to it than one might think.

skwire:
Quickly made it through all 1000 .htm files stored on hard disk..., and without a single error message popping up.-nkormanik (May 09, 2014, 12:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's great to hear.

So, being able to handle URLs would be frosting on top.  Not totally crucial, as it appears there's more to it than one might think.-nkormanik (May 09, 2014, 12:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've been playing with the .URL handling this morning and it's a pain in the ass.  Stuff that works on W7 shits the bed on XP.  Frustrating.  What I think I might do is take out the .URL support and write you another script that will let you do the .URL stuff within your own browser.  It won't be nearly as elegant (pretty kludgy, actually) but I think it be much better functionally.  Are you cool with that?

nkormanik:
How about that.  Well, another reason to upgrade to W7.  Hmmm.

No worries about kludgy.  Simply works is all I care about.

Super idea, not only for me, but for others out there.  As said, surprised no one has accomplished this before.

MilesAhead:
@skwire I don't know if you've seen this function by SKAN
( just in case it may be helpful )

--- ---; function by SKAN on AHK forums
;
PathCreateFromURL( URL )
{
  if (! URL)
  return ""
 VarSetCapacity( fPath, Sz := 2084, 0 )
 DllCall( "shlwapi\PathCreateFromUrl" ( A_IsUnicode ? "W" : "A" )
     , Str,URL, Str,fPath, UIntP,Sz, UInt,0 )
 return fPath
}

elvisbrown:
Maybe a side track but you know that an epub file is just a load of .htm files zipped up?

If you replace the .epub with .zip then double click on it you will see what I mean.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version