ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Ludum Dare topic for other games

<< < (8/11) > >>

TaoPhoenix:

Misc Note:
I'm not a "purist". While the compo/jam is about the time limit of the 48-72 hours, I recommend people play the "Post Compo" versions where some devs not only fix bad bugs that can really make you miserable, but also sometimes add tons of features they wish they had time for when they weren't racing the clock, and that makes for an overall better gaming experience. After all, it's the compo/jam inspiration that counts that made the creation come into being, rather than one more thing by Zynga. But sure if the post compo version has the extra zingers, by all means I don't go all hardcore and insist on ignoring it to play the original version!

Deozaan:
Just be sure that you rate the games based on the compo/jam versions and not the "post compo" versions. That would be unfair.

Deozaan:
Here's one that is very much like my entry, except from the perspective of a human fighting off the worm(s).

Terror from beneath - v_n_j - Jam Entry
Protip for slaying worms: you actually don't need to aim precisely, you can aim just a bit down and hit a worm every time it's descending
--- End quote ---

TaoPhoenix:
Just be sure that you rate the games based on the compo/jam versions and not the "post compo" versions. That would be unfair.
-Deozaan (May 12, 2014, 03:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

You're probably right, but I'm all over the map on that one. Even so, I think I slowed down. I have a rather short attention span so the excitement of it all is fading. But it was fun!

Burgerdare:
Oh, man. I'm replying real late. Sorry about that, I've been really swamped with finals and the like. Tao, I normally try and stay away from letting others make direct suggestions on mechanical changes that should be made to my games, but you seem to have a much more firm grasp on the game in it's current state than I think most people do, so I'd be glad to send you a tweakable demo and stay in touch to create a more fairly balanced game. Unfortunately, I am still a bit tied up with studying and doing research, so I won't be able to go in and make those changes for another week or so.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version