ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Sell your MS Office 2010?

<< < (2/2)

Jibz:
I use both: Softmaker Office is much more compatible with MS Office. Libre Office's compatibility is so-so to poor in my experience. Softmaker's main weakness in comparision to Libre (again in my experience) is it's search - search steals focus, and doesnt allow you to edit, you've got to close it (search) to do anything - and then open it again to continue.
-tomos (May 14, 2014, 03:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

Once you've searched for something and closed the search, you can press F3 to search again without having to open the search dialog.

tomos:
I use both: Softmaker Office is much more compatible with MS Office. Libre Office's compatibility is so-so to poor in my experience. Softmaker's main weakness in comparision to Libre (again in my experience) is it's search - search steals focus, and doesnt allow you to edit, you've got to close it (search) to do anything - and then open it again to continue.
--- End quote ---

Once you've searched for something and closed the search, you can press F3 to search again without having to open the search dialog.
-Jibz (May 15, 2014, 12:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

thanks for that tip Jibz, will try it out shortly :up:

J-Mac:
You can also try LibreOffice, which is free. :Thmbsup:
-Deozaan (May 14, 2014, 03:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Softmaker forums are active, I'd highly recommend it if MS compatibility is important (disclaimer: I've absolutely no experience with PowerPoint/Presentations).
--- End quote ---

I'm running both also. Already had MS Office 2010 Professional, and I had used SoftMaker Office 2010 Pro on a desktop and earlier versions on my old Pocket PC devices. SoftMaker allows upgrades no matter how long ago you used their product so I purchased their SoftMaker Office Pro 2012. Left MS Office 2010 installed until I felt fully capable on the SM product. Still have both installed; no conflicts. SM Office is missing some features I use on Excel and Word but basically has everything you need.

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version