ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Sell your MS Office 2010?

(1/2) > >>

Scott_Y:
Do you have one or more licenses for MS Office 2010 which you are not using? I would like to buy one copy of Office Home & Student, and two copies of Office Home & Business, with installation CDs. The licenses would be transferred from your computer to mine, of course. Please send offers by PM, and post comments to this forum thread.

Scott_Y:
I've changed my plan. Instead of MS Office I will try Softmaker Office. The price is so much better, and compatibility is reportedly quite good. I'll feel much better if I can get free from MS.

Deozaan:
You can also try LibreOffice, which is free. :Thmbsup:

tomos:
You can also try LibreOffice, which is free. :Thmbsup:
-Deozaan (May 14, 2014, 03:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

I use both: Softmaker Office is much more compatible with MS Office. Libre Office's compatibility is so-so to poor in my experience. Softmaker's main weakness in comparision to Libre (again in my experience) is it's search - search steals focus, and doesnt allow you to edit, you've got to close it (search) to do anything - and then open it again to continue.

Softmaker forums are active, I'd highly recommend it if MS compatibility is important (disclaimer: I've absolutely no experience with PowerPoint/Presentations).

Scott_Y:
You can also try LibreOffice, which is free.-Deozaan (May 14, 2014, 03:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks, Deozaan. Our organization has gone to LibreOffice in an effort to break free from Microsoft, so I use it as necessary. But it is sometimes surprisingly different or simply awkward in the way it works. It is fine as a free Office suite, but I would never use or recommend it specifically as a replacement for MS Office. That's why I want to try Softmaker Office. If it is as similar to MS Office as I have heard, I would rather pay for it than use the free LibreOffice. (Yes, I know Softmaker has a free version, but I need the more advanced capabilities of the paid version.)

I use both: Softmaker Office is much more compatible with MS Office. Libre Office's compatibility is so-so to poor in my experience. ... I'd highly recommend [Softmaker] if MS compatibility is important-tomos (May 14, 2014, 03:30 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks, Tomos, for that confirmation. Yes, compatibility with MS Office is important for my use, so that's another reason I don't want to go with LibreOffice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version