ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

4 (Maybe more) Absolute top go-to programs

<< < (9/13) > >>

CleverCat:
I CANNOT live without:

FARR
Desktop X
Ethervane Echo
Fences

:Thmbsup:

joiwind:
Anyway, I've never found a good client option.  I hate Outlook.  i don't much like thunderbird. What else is there?  the other options seem to either be really old and unsupported or too new and overly simple.
-superboyac (May 10, 2014, 03:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

If you're still looking for a client option have you looked at Sylpheed ?

It's been my major choice for a long time - there's also Claws of course which is a version/fork of Sylpheed.

40hz:
^I ran into some stability issues with Claws under Windows when I tried it. But that was some time ago so I'm guessing it was either me - or they fixed it?

superboyac:
Anyway, I've never found a good client option.  I hate Outlook.  i don't much like thunderbird. What else is there?  the other options seem to either be really old and unsupported or too new and overly simple.
-superboyac (May 10, 2014, 03:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

If you're still looking for a client option have you looked at Sylpheed ?

It's been my major choice for a long time - there's also Claws of course which is a version/fork of Sylpheed.
-joiwind (May 12, 2014, 07:41 AM)
--- End quote ---
Ha!  Thanks.
I don't have much motivation at the moment to find another email client.  It already caused me much anxiety years ago when mouser convinced me to switch to the Bat from Pegasus, lol!  Now it's all set up, backed up, no real issues.  All the filters and colors and interface tweaks, ugh.

http://www.pmail.com/
Pegasus is still going strong!  Damn!  I used Pegasus for such a long time, must have been 12 years.  Top notch program.  Man, that's a trip down memory lane.  One of the first pieces of software I used intentionally as a power user.  I was in college and got one of those gigantic computer review magazines.  THere was an email client roundup, I was using Eudora at the time.  It talked about all the powerful and free features of Pegasus, I tried it and was hooked.  Now look at me...I'm a crazy software nut.  Addiction is a sad thing.

joiwind:
^I ran into some stability issues with Claws under Windows when I tried it. But that was some time ago so I'm guessing it was either me - or they fixed it?
-40hz (May 12, 2014, 09:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't know as I use Sylpheed    :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version