ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

4 (Maybe more) Absolute top go-to programs

<< < (7/13) > >>

TaoPhoenix:

Almost all of my favourite programs from the past have been abandoned, so I guess my favourites of the present also may be abandoned some time in the future - so what if I like (FastStone Capture) this (Pale Moon) or that (jetAudio was updated!!) program (Dynamic-Photo HDR 5)? Tomorrow will be a different story.
-Curt (May 07, 2014, 04:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

PaleMoon would be my other one, esp in light of the big surge in it away from FF29 around here. For some reason I discarded browsers as a category.

But this is a fascinating note about how favorites of the past change, so this thread five years ago could have been different!

TaoPhoenix:
Tom, your screenshot is scary; thank you for hiding it!!!  :P
-Curt (May 10, 2014, 05:47 AM)
--- End quote ---
I can think of reasons, but I'm not sure why you find it scary :) multiple choice:
(c) the working plan-drawing,
or, none of the above?
[/quote]

I found it scary too! Since there are too many other silly threads about Win 8.1, C is m choice. Just that level of complexity is jaw dropping!

mouser:

* Website Watcher
* TheBat
* VmWare
* My own apps :)

40hz:

* Website Watcher
* TheBat[/b]

* VmWare
* My own apps :)-mouser (May 10, 2014, 01:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

I used to use TheBat ages ago. It was ok. But I never developed the degree of reverence some users seem to have for it. Has it since gotten that much better than all the other email clients out there? :huh:

superboyac:

* Website Watcher
* TheBat[/b]

* VmWare
* My own apps :)-mouser (May 10, 2014, 01:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

I used to use TheBat ages ago. It was ok. But I never developed the degree of reverence some users seem to have for it. Has it since gotten that much better than all the other email clients out there? :huh:
-40hz (May 10, 2014, 02:31 PM)
--- End quote ---
What other email clients?  That's the question.  There aren't many good options.  The Bat has LOTS of minor issues, but no real major ones.  Most of my complaints are interface related or "nothing written about THAT!" related.  It's hard to figure out how to do anything fancy because there's no updated manual or forum where you can search and find answers.  it has a stupid old listserv where most of the activity occurs, and the crowd there is of a very *particular* sort...i.e old school.

Anyway, I've never found a good client option.  I hate Outlook.  i don't much like thunderbird. What else is there?  the other options seem to either be really old and unsupported or too new and overly simple.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version