ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox 29 - soooooo similar to Chrome

<< < (9/10) > >>

dr_andus:
I started having the same problems with FF 29 as I used to with Pale Moon and Waterfox, i.e. occasionally not being able to complete some purchase transactions within certain e-commerce sites. It would come to clicking the button "pay", and nothing happens, which is hugely frustrating, especially when you're trying to book flights and risk losing a particular fare that is selling out.

In those situations FF used to be my "go to" solution, but this time I had to repeat the transaction in Chrome, and it worked fine. I don't know whether this is only affecting my system, but at least in my world Chrome is emerging as the more reliable browser, despite my best efforts to resist and stick with FF.

lanux128:
this is relevant.  ;D

Spoiler

tomos:
^lol

I started having the same problems with FF 29 as I used to with Pale Moon and Waterfox, i.e. occasionally not being able to complete some purchase transactions within certain e-commerce sites. It would come to clicking the button "pay", and nothing happens, which is hugely frustrating, especially when you're trying to book flights and risk losing a particular fare that is selling out.-dr_andus (May 07, 2014, 05:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

I had problems, on a few occasions, a couple of months ago (with Ryanair), but I presumed it was the site/payment system - rather than the browser :-\
Be interesting to see if it continues okay for you with Chrome.

jpfx:
similar problems also but I put them down to admuncher or ghostery.
sometimes switch to an IE engine in FF works, others it's full IE.

dr_andus:
similar problems also but I put them down to admuncher or ghostery.
-jpfx (May 07, 2014, 03:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, just ran into this problem again this morning and it turns out it was a problem with Adblock Plus for me, too. Sorry FF. (Although I do use the AdBlock extension on Chrome too, and that one let me through).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version