ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox 29 - soooooo similar to Chrome

<< < (2/10) > >>

MilesAhead:
Firefox upgraded to 29 and it looks so similar to Chrome now that I have to take a closer look at the extension icons on top-right to assure I am in FF and not in Chrome.

At least it should have the 'fox' icon some where to differentiate it.

Regards,

Anand

-anandcoral (April 30, 2014, 02:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Wow Anand is right. I tend to stay a version or two back. This new one is such a mess I might try to downgrade maybe Version 28 or something.

At least PaleMoon is sensible ... but I haven't updated that one yet!
:o
-TaoPhoenix (April 30, 2014, 02:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

For Firefox Portable I recommend 27.0.  Even 27.01 introduced funky behavior.  I tried 28, then went back to 27.0.  Pale Moon latest(24.5.0) seems ok.  I notice Opera now is basically chrome while maintaining the old "click x times to copy a line" mouse actions.  Although the x64 Opera is fast.  Still I find FF/Pale Moon lets me have the FF AddOns.

Edit: I find Firefox Portable 27.0 plenty fast.  The main reason I have Pale Moon is so I can install it as the default browser.  As far as speed goes I really can't distinguish between them.

MilesAhead:
At least it should have the 'fox' icon some where to differentiate it.
--- End quote ---

I hate it when they do the ribbon bit.  The first thing I have to do is enable the menu bar.  Now it just wastes vertical space.  The only compensation is if you are running Glass.

Stoic Joker:
Shades of the tablet mindset and overall hubris that drove Win8/Metro! (And mostly into the ground AFAIC. :down:)

Did Mozilla hire Sinofsky or something?
-40hz (April 30, 2014, 09:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, after reading skwire's Ghacks article I'm inclined to agree with you. Here's why:
The Firefox button is gone. It has been replaced with what web designers call a Hamburger button-GHacks
--- End quote ---

Um... Hamburger Button? Is that the new shit design excuse paradigm being used these days, to just give something a catchy sounding name to explain away why stuff just got piled together in a corner instead of putting in the time to find a right way of doing it?

Yeah, that's a finger-rific design alright ... And I know just what finger to use too.

app103:
Alrighty then, Firefox is no longer my default browser. Pale Moon it is. Firefox shortcut moved into 5th place among browsers, after IE.

Cloq:
As skwire mentions, Firefox 29 - Classic Theme Restorer is a must. Unless you like chrome like interface..

Took me awhile to set everything back (interface) to pre-FF 29 (update various plugins and settings).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version