ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox 29 - soooooo similar to Chrome

<< < (5/10) > >>

tomos:
That will stop the update dead in its tracks, if you have accidentally triggered it and haven't restarted your browser yet
--- End quote ---

Thanks for that tip App. I hate that when it tries to update even though I have it set to ask me first.  I haven't bothered to look if that bug is already registered.  If I do "check for updates" just to see if there is one, it tries to install it if it finds it.  Really annoying.
-MilesAhead (May 01, 2014, 09:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1

oddly, in my case, the update didnt work anyway

MilesAhead:
That will stop the update dead in its tracks, if you have accidentally triggered it and haven't restarted your browser yet
--- End quote ---

Thanks for that tip App. I hate that when it tries to update even though I have it set to ask me first.  I haven't bothered to look if that bug is already registered.  If I do "check for updates" just to see if there is one, it tries to install it if it finds it.  Really annoying.
-MilesAhead (May 01, 2014, 09:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1

oddly, in my case, the update didnt work anyway
-tomos (May 01, 2014, 09:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

Somebody needs to take that mechanism out of the portable builds.  When you click to install the update on a portable it should pop up a dialog saying "We don't need no stinkin' updates!  'dis is da' portable version!"  :)

tomos:
Well, I've nothing against the new chrome style (I value vertical space), but finally got around to installing PaleMoon x64 (ver.24.5 on Win7). I seem to have been able to install or replace my most important addons, I'm even sharing a Session Manager folder with Firefox, so a fairly seamless move...

So far I'm happy with a noticeable improvement in performance (my main complaint with FF for a good while now). With about 60 tabs 'open' (only about 10 loaded) CPU usage a *lot* better than same session in FF; GPU (mainly dwm.exe) same or lower with videos playing :up:

Apologies for veering slightly off-topic ;-)

TaoPhoenix:
Apologies for veering slightly off-topic ;-)
-tomos (May 01, 2014, 08:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Heh I'd argue that it's not - "FF-Chrome" is sending lots of people here to PaleMoon!

CleverCat:
Took me 3 hours yesterday to get FF 29 to the way I like it!  >:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version