ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Microsoft Races To Fix Massive Internet Explorer Hack

<< < (2/8) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Wouldn't be surprised is MS knew about this before April 8 and waited to release the info to add even more marketting pressure to dump XP.

Beginning to want to wipe Windows 8 off this laptop and put XP back just to say screw MS

40hz:
Beginning to want to wipe Windows 8 off this laptop and put XP back just to say screw MS
-Carol Haynes (April 29, 2014, 03:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

I went further and shifted completely over to Linux and BSD for my own needs once I saw where things were going starting with Win 8. If I didn't need to support clients, I wouldn't be using Microsoft's desktop OSes at all. (Their servers, on the other hand, aren't half bad.)  8)

crabby3:
... Once again some breathless reporting directed at the clueless from people that should know enough to do a little more research and editing prior to rushing their article into print.
-40hz (April 29, 2014, 01:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

I suppose I am "clueless" but only when it pertains to computers or cell phones.

Monday evening, on CNN, was where I first heard about this.  Yesterday, Tuesday, I figured DC would have covered the topic.  Found zilch.  My web search brought up around 10 sites.  I picked Forbes.  I didn't want to spend an hour desiding which site to link.  Being "clueless" I wanted to bring the supposedly bad news to DCers ASAP.

CNN rarely runs a story about anything to do with computers much less a specific issue.

anandcoral:
Wouldn't be surprised is MS knew about this before April 8 and waited to release the info to add even more marketting pressure to dump XP.

-Carol Haynes (April 29, 2014, 03:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah right.

I installed Win7 over Xp in my old machine, when Xp support was ceased.

But now planning to overwrite back to Xp, anyway Win7 runs toooo slow in the old machine and I use FF.

Regards,

Anand

40hz:
... Once again some breathless reporting directed at the clueless from people that should know enough to do a little more research and editing prior to rushing their article into print.
-40hz (April 29, 2014, 01:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

I suppose I am "clueless" but only when it pertains to computers or cell phones.

Monday evening, on CNN, was where I first heard about this.  Yesterday, Tuesday, I figured DC would have covered the topic.  Found zilch.  My web search brought up around 10 sites.  I picked Forbes.  I didn't want to spend an hour desiding which site to link.  Being "clueless" I wanted to bring the supposedly bad news to DCers ASAP.

CNN rarely runs a story about anything to do with computers much less a specific issue.
-crabby3 (April 30, 2014, 07:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

@crabby3 - Please don't think I was referring to you personally when I said "clueless." That was meant to be in reference to Forbes's usual non-tech management target audience. (Sadly, Forbes tends to get a little sensationalist when reporting on stuff like this. They're guilty of way too much sizzle - and far too little steak sometimes.)  Your bringing this up is greatly appreciated. Because even grouchy network/IT types like Stoic and me can be dead wrong about the seriousness of things like this. And just because we aren't overly concerned about something doesn't mean it it can't be a very serious threat. So please don't hesitate to share anything you think may be of interest here.

:Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version