ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

State of US Nuclear Silos (60 Minutes)

<< < (4/4)

Stoic Joker:
(Ah! The good Ol' days)
--- End quote ---
When I was a mechanic I think the customer car I test drove I wanted to own the most was a '71 Camaro LT.  That thing was nice.  Really deep bucket seats.  Sharp body styling.  Big engine.  And of course rack & pinion steering.  I didn't get to drive it very far.  But I could tell it handled flat as well as looked cool.  Just taking it around the block was fun.  :)-MilesAhead (May 01, 2014, 04:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

All right now, don't get me started on back when I turned wrenches for the local Harley dealership ...(I did the Jap's and Britt's back then too - for a different shop)... We'll never get this thread back on topic.. ;) :D

MilesAhead:
^^^^^
|||||||||

he heh heh   :)

Renegade:
On the topic of ethanol in fuel... some new studies have shown conclusively that it costs MORE in terms of energy to burn ethanol than regular gasoline.

tomos:
On the topic of ethanol in fuel... some new studies have shown conclusively that it costs MORE in terms of energy to burn ethanol than regular gasoline.
-Renegade (May 06, 2014, 04:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Got a lot of bad press here. They grow a lot of maize/corn here for it, and there's very relaxed rules about use of pesticides and fertilizers as it's not for food use. Which'll all go into the watertable, and there were other objections but I cant remember the details atm.

Initially (it's only available here a couple of years) anyway the majority of Germans avoided it as it's supposed to be a bit rougher on your car. Dont know if uptake has increased since - with the price of petrol here I wouldnt be suprised: it's been over 8 US dollars a gallon for 'super' (98 I think 'super' is only 95) a long time now...

Stoic Joker:
On the topic of ethanol in fuel... some new studies have shown conclusively that it costs MORE in terms of energy to burn ethanol than regular gasoline.-Renegade (May 06, 2014, 04:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sure it costs more to burn, and it costs more to make too. But the kickbacks revenue stream on top of the increase in both volume and profit margin make it all worth while. Okay, sure, the little guy takes a beating...but who really cares about that? Certainly nobody (in the upper 1% royalty class) important.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version