ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Unfinished Requests

IDEA: Add CCleaner secure file delete to Explore/Opus context menu

<< < (4/4)

dcwul62:
Well, I guess there are a lot of 'tools' that are shredding/secure erasing files, most of them are free.
Lots of reviews as well. Thing that is important to me: it should be userfriendly, meaning: either a shortcut, like ctrl-w and that should call the tool and erase selected files 1 pass
Or select files/folders+context menu file erase.
Over time I have paid a LOT of time on this.

Bottomline, after quite some tests, just recently I have come to the conclusion that most the most efficient solution is to:
- use normal delete, of the Opus built in secure delete (ctrl-w with me does: dopusrt /cmd Delete NORECYCLE QUIET SECURE=1)
  (this will still display pathnames)
- then every week or two weeks, run CCleaner Drive Wipe Free Space

R-Wipe and Clean: when running WipeFree Space with that tool, it fills your harddisk entirely with a temporary file.
(e.g. you have 1TB drive, filled with 500GB, then RWC will create 500GB temporary file. This takes a tre-men-dous long time, with huge HD activity)

BCWipe does a good job, but is very very slow. It runs the entire night taking a 1TB drive, starting at 19:00 and maybe it is ready the next morning when you get up.
and ... sometimes the paths are not cleared(!)

CCleaner is doing the job in a couple of hours, pathnames/files are filled with ZZZZ's

CCleaner is a very good tool, really.
Their 'Pro' version is usd.19.95 .. on ANNUAL basis(!) which is really too much, whilst comparing with its own free tool and other free tools around.
Even when comparing with some paid software.

=

dcwul62:
@skwire - am afraid there is no solution. wud it be possible to delete this thread or move it to unfinished?
many thanks.
=

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version