ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Non-Windows Software

Android: Multilingual Input Options

<< < (2/2)

brahman:
Yup, this is the one.

Nice review, BTW.

It is clear to me that all the "minor" keyboards lack the precise word prediction and swyping capabilities of the superior Swiftkey (by far the most accurate) and the contender Swype.

The reason is that these two features cost a lot of money to implement correctly: Swiftkey was co-founded by Dr Ben Medlock from Cambridge University with a doctorate in language-based artificial intelligence and now employs 100 people.

If you perceive how amazingly accurate Swiftkey sometimes predicts the following words, you know that a lot of work has been and still is being put into this prediction algorithm. On top of that Swiftkey by design only shows you a selection of three words to choose from. And don't forget: For every new language you pretty much have to start from scratch again.

I have bought Swiftkey, Swype, Minuum, and Thumb keyboards and tried numerous free ones but I always come back to Swiftkey. Though I also really like Minuum for small devices (tip: use the ABC layout in Minuum).

ewemoa:
Thanks for the confirmation and thoughts :Thmbsup:

Innuendo:
My new phone comes with a customized version of SwiftKey and it's just wonderful. I had bought SwiftKey on a Google sale for either a dime or a quarter a year or two ago. This customized version is even better.

cyberdiva:
My new phone comes with a customized version of SwiftKey and it's just wonderful. I had bought SwiftKey on a Google sale for either a dime or a quarter a year or two ago. This customized version is even better.
-Innuendo (April 20, 2014, 08:09 PM)
--- End quote ---
What phone did you get? 

brahman:
BTW the review of Multiling beta only covers about a third of the features of this keyboard, and I am not talking modding capabilities but useability features.
Check this plug-in out f.e. (easily missed):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=klye.usertext

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version