ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

TextAdept: Lua-extensible Editor

<< < (5/5)

40hz:
Maybe we need a text-editors-only sub-forum ;)
-phitsc (May 12, 2014, 01:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

Subforum? You could do up an entire community website plus a forum on that topic. ;D

Edvard:
Maybe we need a text-editors-only sub-forum ;)
-phitsc (May 12, 2014, 01:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yay! Time to rant about Atom!
-Tuxman (May 12, 2014, 02:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

[rant]Tried Atom; it wouldn't compile, even though I had all the dependencies and specs.  Strike one.
So I tried somebody's PPA, which worked well...-ish.  7 seconds to start up. Wat?  For a text editor?  Strike two.
Doesn't have column/rectangular selection or bookmark by search.  Strike three.[/rant]
 :-\

Ah well, it's still young yet, let's see how it does in a few months. :-[

Also, no Pascal lexer, and no option to build, compile, or run from the editor (that I could see).

Getting a bit more comfy with TextAdept.  With a few tweaks, it may rival Geany  :o ...pardon my doubts.

Tuxman:
Atom is based on a bloated web browser. Might explain things.

wraith808:
Also, no Pascal lexer, and no option to build, compile, or run from the editor (that I could see).
-Edvard (May 12, 2014, 09:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

CTRL+SHIFT+P - search for packages, and clikc on install packages.  Search for Pascal.

https://atom.io/packages/language-pascal

You can also remove packages that you don't need to speed it up... there's even a timecop package that's included that will narrow down the items that made it take a long time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version