ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Grab 50GB of Box Online Storage Free for Life (2013-02-12)

<< < (4/4)

tomos:
^ I sent kyrathaba an invite around the same time -
wonder if his worked...

Anyone actually using box yet?
IIUC, their intro video says sync can only be done via folder(s) on the desktop.
Which is not ideal if you want to upload 50GB :)

Otherwise they say you can upload via web interface. But I'm not sure what happens if you upload an active folder - I'm not sure how that might be updated at a later stage.

kyrathaba:
Neither worked, but thanks to both tomos and IainB for their efforts. I do have 5.0 Gb at Box.net, and (although I don't like the service or interface nearly as much as Box) I have 50.0 Gb of cloud storage at www.adrive.com. Since it's convenient from my tablet, I also have cloud storage with SkyDrive and Google Drive. Oh, and of course Dropbox. Everyone has Dropbox, right?

Edvard:
I'm using my 50GB box account, but sparingly.  Currently, I have uploaded everything that was on my Dropbox, just to see how the upload process went.  None of the files were over a few megabytes, so file size wasn't an issue.  Next I'll try uploading my music folder (I don't have a whole lot of music in mp3 format, so it'll fit...) to see how that goes.

@4wd: Thanks for that, interesting methods.  Not exactly what I was looking for, because I wanted to stay away from using other languages (no real reason, just personal preference).  I'll post later with my current attempts using pure Bash, a combination of unison and rsync to keep files up-to-date, and Yad for the graphic interface.

Edvard:
Looks like a project has been started for Box (and others) synchronization.  No code yet, but looks promising:
http://www.syncany.org/-Edvard (March 05, 2013, 12:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Syncany now has a working alpha release for testing:
https://github.com/binwiederhier/syncany/releases

Downloading now...  :tellme:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version