ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

ImgBurn - full of OpenCandy and other crap

<< < (2/12) > >>

40hz:
It's so out of character that I'm wondering if the dev sold it and the website to somebody else. Because what they're doing is utterly suicidal from a business perspective. :huh:

SeraphimLabs:
Conduit SearchProtect is malware straight up.

If you let that get installed, you'll be hunting it for hours trying to get it out again.

It sounds to me like ImgBurn went the same way as Daemon Tools, sold out to backroom malware deals to try to make ends meet because the donation box wasn't keeping up.

This kind of thing is why I archive all of the software I use. That way I still have known good versions that have worked for me before in case I need them again.

Tuxman:
The "free burning software" market seems to die out slowly.

On Windows, I currently use cdrtools (like InfraRecorder without the GUI clutter) from here (German site). Probably this is one of the very few future-safe options.

Stoic Joker:
It looks like the latest version from ImgBurn's site - with the OpenCandy EULA - is v2.5.8.0 which is 3.30MB. This has the same release date and size as the v2.5.8.0 file at MilesAhead's VideoHelp link. So it appears that v2.5.7.0 (5.83MB) from MilesAhead's VideoHelp link is the last safe version to download.

Jibz:
I've been updating ImgBurn through Ninite, and haven't noticed anything suspicious, but perhaps I just haven't looked close enough.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version