ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

scrolling down to save web page content

<< < (4/7) > >>

hamradio:
Hi Ham Radio,

I was wondering what I would type in, using your ingenious FF technique, in FF to just capture a screen shot of what I see on a website using FF?

Instead of typing in ... screenshot --fullpage ...would I type in screenshot --just this screen?

Thank you so much!
-eager to learn (May 01, 2014, 10:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

Just typing in screenshot should work.

eager to learn:
Worked perfectly just typing in ...screenshot.

Thank you again for all your kind and much appreciated help.

eager to learn:
Hi Hamradio,

I typed in help screenshot in that command bar which appears when you press Shift/F2 in FF but I didn't see exactly who I control where the copied screenshot can be saved - even to clipboard so I could open it in Paint and then save it to a folder I select at that time.

I was interested in ....

One - saving the captured content to a specific folder while using the Shift/F2 function (so it's not automatic once I press the Return key but rather so I can instead choose which folder in Windows I want the content saved to and ...

Two - how I can save the captured content to clipboard and then open Paint to save it in a different format than .png and to a folder of my choice at that time.

This is such a great way of saving content so I very much appreciate all your help.

hamradio:
Hi Hamradio,

I typed in help screenshot in that command bar which appears when you press Shift/F2 in FF but I didn't see exactly who I control where the copied screenshot can be saved - even to clipboard so I could open it in Paint and then save it to a folder I select at that time.

I was interested in ....

One - saving the captured content to a specific folder while using the Shift/F2 function (so it's not automatic once I press the Return key but rather so I can instead choose which folder in Windows I want the content saved to and ...

Two - how I can save the captured content to clipboard and then open Paint to save it in a different format than .png and to a folder of my choice at that time.

This is such a great way of saving content so I very much appreciate all your help.
-eager to learn (July 22, 2014, 12:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

For one you can do it but I dont think you can select the folder instead you have to type in the path before the filename I believe.

For two you would just type: screenshot --clipboard

eager to learn:
I just tried screenshot --clipboard and that works well.

When I type in (without quotes) C:\ or c: it says it can't recognize that so I'm not sure how users could designate a certain folder each time they did a screenshot capture. Ex. C:\Photos, then the next screen capture C:\Pets, etc.

I may have to just use the clipboard.

Thanks so much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version