ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

web hosts

<< < (2/3) > >>

app103:
My long time friend and fellow DC member pip2kk has owned a hosting company for about 5 years (My Custom Hosting) which I will be moving all of my sites to, as soon as I can find the will to stop being lazy about it.  :-[

Not just taking his word for it, but also reading the reviews (because I'd like to remain friends with him, for many more years to come), hosting with his company is not just cheap, but also reliable. Customer service, however does leave something to be desired, if you are too inept to RTFM. He is not going to hold your hand and be your teacher.

So, if you know what you are doing, you shouldn't expect much in the way of problems. But if you are a clueless newbie that has no idea how to create a database from within cpanel and don't know how to use phpmyadmin, or don't know how to upload your files via FTP, you might be better off with someone else that charges more money that goes towards paying a larger support staff, paid to hold the hands of the clueless. (one of the reasons why his rates are so low is because he does everything, himself. But he also still has a day job, too.)

SeraphimLabs:
I'm still here representing Seraphimlabs.

At the moment my own site is down indefinitely, it is in dire need of an overhaul and redesign that I just plain haven't gotten to. But I do have servers still active, and can set you up with an account.

TaoPhoenix:

At the moment my own site is down indefinitely, it is in dire need of an overhaul and redesign that I just plain haven't gotten to. But I do have servers still active, and can set you up with an account.
-SeraphimLabs (April 21, 2014, 04:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, don't play the "Judge Book by Cover" game here. Seraphim Labs won my exhaustive survey of free-yet-donation-appreciated hosts.

Though Seraphim, a tip, smash up a dumb site just so people have something to look at that resolves before Crabby's cats in the humor thread take them away again. : )  You know, 2003 style. You've been good by me, so don't crush yourself with a dead site. Just make it "Hosting by request. Submit ____ in this form here and we'll talk". Should take you three days tops given the near-genius you are.
:)

Basically anyone here is way beyond the junk guys at FreeWebSpace.net that we all grew up on.

wraith808:
I've been through several- but not recently.  LiquidWeb has had my business since I found them.  Reasonable Prices, Personal Service, and the only time my site has been down is b/c of planned reboots.

allen:
Thanks for the input all, getting a nice little list of options to mull over!

-SeraphimLabs (April 21, 2014, 04:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

I appreciate the offer, and if it was just me I'd probably jump on it. For present purposes though it's probably not what we're looking for. We're generally deploying 1-3 standalone client-owned sites per month and my parent company is going to require a service with a more obvious support structure to lean on when/if things do get bumpy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version