ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Windows 8.0 Pro Lic. for Win7 Pro/Ult

(1/3) > >>

MilesAhead:
I have a legit Windows 8.0 Pro Upgrade License to swap for a Windows 7 Ult License.

Edit: As per Josh's info below, this License should work with 8.1 install Discs.

Initially I intend to use the W7 with VM Player.  If I get another PC I may install it there instead in the future. So I may be able to delay W7 activation until you are satisfied the W8 License passes muster.

Edit2:  The source of the License is a person on one of the Windows forums who has a software company.  Apparently she has a deal with MS to raffle off so many copies of W8 Pro.  She has been on those forums as a VIP member for some time.  So I'm confident it's not pirated.

Those interested please PM me.  :)

Josh:
FYI, Windows 8 keys will work on a Windows 8.1 or 8.1.1 installation disc. I just re-built my machine last night after using the 8.1 update 1 ISO from MSDN using my Windows 8 key.

MilesAhead:
FYI, Windows 8 keys will work on a Windows 8.1 or 8.1.1 installation disc. I just re-built my machine last night after using the 8.1 update 1 ISO from MSDN using my Windows 8 key.
-Josh (April 20, 2014, 04:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Very cool.  Thanks for the info.  I was just going by the info from the person who provided the License.  A relief to know all that rigamarole isn't required.  :)

Innuendo:
Something you may want to explore is the fact that Microsoft provides down-grade rights to Windows 7 Pro for those who own Windows 8 Pro.

Read all about it here.

It's a bit of a hassle and it's 7 Pro not 7 Ultimate, but it might be better than sitting around waiting for someone to take you up on your offer and you'd still have your copy of Windows 8 in case you decided to move to it later.

Josh:
BTW, Unless you need bit locker, Windows 7 ultimate is kinda pointless. Just my two cents :) I was quick to jump on the bandwagon for 7 Ultimate and had buyers remorse shortly there-after.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version